Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-14-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Hey guys. I'm moving up to Cedar Rapids at the end of next week for school and need to find some people to rip with. I've got plenty of gas money. I'm gonna bring my winch up to so if anyone's up for some winchin just let me know. Also let me know if there's any good winch spots. Thanks Mark.
Old     (gborgh)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I live in Davenport and I am always looking for someone to ride with. I have an 06 Mobius LS with the gravity ballest. I usually ride on the mississippi river which is about an hour away from CR. The Coralville resevor has some great riding and is about 15 minutes from CR. I know a couple of people that ski on the cedar rapids show team and they may be able to get you some water time as well.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-14-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Andrew,
I'm not afraid of driving a liitle in order to ride. I'll email you once I get all moved in and maybe we can ride. Do you ride weekdays or weekends? I'm not sure what'll be best for my schedule yet.

I know where Coralville Reservoir is at. I was thinking maybe I could find some guys that ride there but we'll see.

(Message edited by mofreestyle on August 14, 2008)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-14-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Andrew, I might have to hop on and check out that new system!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-18-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
Anybody else out there?
Old     (gborgh)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Ian,
the deviants are incredibly loud. I am powering them with a cadence 4 channel that puts out 600 rms bridged. I am running 2 seperate amps through an equilizer so I can seperate the boat speakers from the tower speakers. the only problem I have is the alternator can not keep up if I want to run both amps at a high volume at the same time. I am working on some pics. Thanks for the speaker sox.
Mark,
I usually get out on weekends only. My job does not allow me to get out much during the week.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-19-2008, 4:58 AM Reply   
Mark, I'm from Muscatine Ia probably an hour and change south. The Coralville Rez is a nice spot on weekdays but crazy busy on weekends. I know there is some crews that ride there on a pretty regular basis but I don't think they post here.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-19-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
here you go Andrew, as requested! Looks great!!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-19-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Mark, hit me up, we ride 2 private lakes within an hour of you. Holiday Lake and Lake Ponderosa in Brooklyn and Montezuma.. Come join the Holirosa Wake Crew! We are heading out to Holiday tonight if ya wanna come check it out..
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-19-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the invite Brandon but I'm not moving into my apartment until this weekend but I'll hit you up once I get moved in.

What kind of board/boat shops are up around the CR area?

I like that you guys are shreddin the marius. Count me in on that one. I love the marius.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-19-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Kennedy Marine in CR right by Hawkeye Downs hooks me up on C-dub.. If ya stop in there talk to Craig, he will let you demo anything.. There arent many boat/board shops here, not wake specific anyway.. B and B sports out of Delhi are great people too, they are a moomba dealer and have Tons of boards..
Old     (gborgh)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-20-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
I have done lots of business with B&B in delhi and they are great to work with. The nice thing with B&B is they have their boat on the lake and you can be on the water doing a demo in 10 minutes. You will want to talk to Doug @ B&B.