Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 8:00 AM Reply   
Sexy!

Posted on MN Inboard's website yesterday.. Malibu sure knows how to put together an interior..
Attached Images

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-06-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
I like it! How much?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-06-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
I know people dont like bright colors or bass boat flake but that looks great
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
As someone who owns a normal VTX, the MXZ layout doesn't seem to work in the 20' size. You could fit 4 guys in the back comfortably. Look at the size of the cushions in that interior! The 'cooler' cover cushion behind the drivers seat looks to be less than 1/2 the size of a regular VTX. And look how far back the tower is, it's basically right to the corner of the interior area. You couldn't even get into the interior without going on to the sunpad first. Maybe it's just me, but Malibu should have nix'ed the back seat area and put the space back into the interior like the VTX or A20.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
As someone who owns a normal VTX, the MXZ layout doesn't seem to work in the 20' size. You could fit 4 guys in the back comfortably. Look at the size of the cushions in that interior! The 'cooler' cover cushion behind the drivers seat looks to be less than 1/2 the size of a regular VTX. And look how far back the tower is, it's basically right to the corner of the interior area. You couldn't even get into the interior without going on to the sunpad first. Maybe it's just me, but Malibu should have nix'ed the back seat area and put the space back into the interior like the VTX or A20.
Since you mentioned it... Here 8 adults in the rear/main seating area.. And an empty bow pic.. This looks pretty spacious to me for a 20'..
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
The rear cabin area doesn't look much smaller than the 04-09 X Star.. No ones knees are touching.. Of course 8 people in the back of any 20'er isn't "ideal" and not something you'd want to do on the regular - but they certainly don't appear to be nuts to butts..
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-06-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
Well since we don't get bass boats up here on the west coast I'll take me some purdy flake any day of the week! Love the green.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-06-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm sure it's more than I can afford, but certainly a nice options for folks on smaller lakes that still want baller boats.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Apparently it's called "Monster Green" and will be new for next year.. I love the interior selections.. Just the right amount of accents..

Also more than I can afford - I'm with Tom.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
The rear cabin area doesn't look much smaller than the 04-09 X Star.. No ones knees are touching.. Of course 8 people in the back of any 20'er isn't "ideal" and not something you'd want to do on the regular - but they certainly don't appear to be nuts to butts..
Don't get me wrong, I love the MXZ and I prefer it over the traditional wakesetter. It just looks too cramped in 20. Sure you can fit 8 adults in the back to cruise around the lake, but once you start moving people around to get boards out of racks, grabbing gear, suiting up, etc, it would get tight. My point is, if you buy a 20' boat for whatever reason (towing/garage space/lake restriction/etc) then you are already sacrificing size for those reasons. I don't see why you would want to reduce the interior space even more. To each their own..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
If you need extra room, you don't buy a 20 footer, simple as that. 20 footers are all sport, or for the guy that needs to get the boat in his garage.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love the MXZ and I prefer it over the traditional wakesetter. It just looks too cramped in 20. Sure you can fit 8 adults in the back to cruise around the lake, but once you start moving people around to get boards out of racks, grabbing gear, suiting up, etc, it would get tight. My point is, if you buy a 20' boat for whatever reason (towing/garage space/lake restriction/etc) then you are already sacrificing size for those reasons. I don't see why you would want to reduce the interior space even more. To each their own..
I think you are personalizing this too much..

1. A 20' wakeboat is not for 8+ adults + gear
2. what you "lose" in space in back you make up for in front - ie: kids
3. See #1 - lol @ 8 riders + gear in any 20' rig.
4. I can't afford it or probably even half of it - just arguing cause it's better than reading political posts
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-06-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who says the cabin got smaller because they added that rear seat at the sun-pad? You forget that MFRs deal with a fixed length in the rear(engine, tranny, v-drive), that space needed to be used anyway... I doubt that interior would get discernably larger, if AT ALL, if you got rid of the teak seat...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
There is 8 people relatively comfortable in the back half of a small boat.. that's good enough for me.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
I don't know why everybody takes things on WW as an argument. It's just my opinion.

Let's say you are buying a 20' boat because that's all you can fit in your garage (like my situation). You want a Malibu. You have two models to choose from now.

Do you want:

a) more interior space, smaller bow
b) less interior space, bigger bow

Yes I know there are other factors between the two boats. I'm simply talking about useable interior space. The MXZ appears to be noticeably smaller than the VTX. That's it, that's all.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-06-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
A & B are both interior space, imo.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-06-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know why everybody takes things on WW as an argument. It's just my opinion.

Let's say you are buying a 20' boat because that's all you can fit in your garage (like my situation). You want a Malibu. You have two models to choose from now.

Do you want:

a) more interior space, smaller bow
b) less interior space, bigger bow

Yes I know there are other factors between the two boats. I'm simply talking about useable interior space. The MXZ appears to be noticeably smaller than the VTX. That's it, that's all.
without measurements how it 'looks' might not be how it actually is. I've never been in either, so I don't know

I was just pointing out that you said the rear teak seat takes away interior space and to me it looks like it just makes the sun pad smaller... Does the squared off bow make it look bigger than it actually is? I don't know...
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
without measurements how it 'looks' might not be how it actually is. I've never been in either, so I don't know
True. I'll reserve my final judgement for seeing one in person. I've been in the 22 MXZ and feel that the interior feels smaller when compared to a 21.5 VLX, however it doesn't matter as much on a larger boat. I'm simply referencing the size of the cushions on the 20 MXZ and wouldn't want to make an already small interior (the VTX) and make it smaller.

Quote:
A & B are both interior space, imo.
To each their own.. the bow is useable space, yes, but the rear of a boat is where people typically hang out.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
4. I can't afford it or probably even half of it - just arguing cause it's better than reading political posts
Haha... very true!!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-06-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
I guess we'll have to wait for the specs to come out to see what the behind the windshield square footage is between the VTX and the 20MXZ.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-06-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
Guess that lime green flake is one of the new '13 colors, as it doesn't show on the malibu website yet.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-06-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Like I said on malibucrew, I want to see how the interior stacks up against the RZR and X2. I like the shape of the boat, but it seems smaller than the other two. The vtx has a redesigned interior as well, but traditional bow.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-06-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
The main cabin doesn't look quite as deep from bow to stern as my RZR, but you can definitely see the extra 6" beam width as it does look wider in the interior. The bow is definitely wider in the front as it is using all of the pickle fork.

I'm really curious to see the wake, especially at speeds less than 20mph. That's one of my biggest issues with my boat is that I can only get 1 side of the wake clean at a time for my 5yr old at around 18.4mph. I can't clean both sides until around 20.6mph.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-06-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
While there are only a few shots of it, the wake looks great in this video. Crisp and clean all the way back on both sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bUpY0frFIgY
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-06-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
WHY? Is there really demand for a 20 foot boat compared to a 21 foot boat?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-06-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Definately looks like the behind windshield seating area is shorter(front to back) than the VTX but like other have said the bow is longer and wider. You probably sacrafice room for one behind the windshield to add room for one in teh bow. Also, you get the picklefork style. Let's all be honest most people buying a picklefork over a traditional bow are doing it for looks, nothing more. I am not a huge fan of that color but this boat is the best looking/most in proportion 20 foot picklefork on the market. Great looking boat.

As for the tower being farther back it pretty much has to be. If the windshield is moved back than the tower has to be moved back so it can fold inside the windshield. That said, it is probably only 6 inches or so farther back than the VTX so in reality it probably doesn't make much of a difference.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-06-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
While there are only a few shots of it, the wake looks great in this video. Crisp and clean all the way back on both sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bUpY0frFIgY
It definitely does. What's the verdict on the wedge for the other MXZ boats?
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-06-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
It definitely does. What's the verdict on the wedge for the other MXZ boats?
I'm not sure what you are asking, but the power wedge does a great job of adjusting the wake shape on my VLX. Some people use it more than others based on personal preference, but I wouldn't order a new Malibu without it.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-06-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
20ft boats fit in more garages, are able to be used on lakes with size restrictions, and are slightly more affordable. Hence the popularity of the A20. Great looking boat IMO.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-06-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
i think it looks great. not a major fan of the looks, i dig that green
wake looks nice but the most impressive thing is the weight... holy crap! 4000lbs!!!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
Fantastic looking boat!

For us midwesterners, boat length is a big deal, so this should fill a void in the market nicely. I'd imagine it will have company from the other manufacturers very soon.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-06-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
OK. So 20 FT has merit.

As a non-fan and mostly a non-user of open bow areas...

How would you respond to a 20FT CAB-FORWARD CLOSED-BOW?

Imagine this boat with the cockpit pushed forward as far as possible.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-06-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Good looking boat but is a little small for me.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-06-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
Void in the market? Malibu alone already had 2 20 footers(A20, VTX). Tige has the R20 and RZR. Moomba the 20V. Supra the 20V. I could go on. For all the guys complaining about it being small it sounds to me like it's already a full demographic that not many are looking at. Not sure why Malibu would want a third boat in the 20 foot class. But it is a sweet looking boat. I like the pickle fork in the 20's because it adds space. We just bought an RZR and the bow is bigger than if it was a traditional V. I'm not sure how many VTX's or A20s MN inboard moved last year but with us not having many size restricted lakes here in MN probably not a bunch. We bought a 20 because it was a little cheaper and it's only my family of 5. We rarely if ever ride with anyone. So it made sense.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-06-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
OK. So 20 FT has merit.

As a non-fan and mostly a non-user of open bow areas...

How would you respond to a 20FT CAB-FORWARD CLOSED-BOW?

GD, I would love to see this boat, or any 20' pickle fork, with a really cab forward design. I like how the traditional malibus (vlx, vtx, lsv's) and the MB's have the real cab forward design, making the cab area so much bigger. If you could push the cab forward 1 more foot on the vtx, it may be funny looking but very comfortable and functional. Maybe it would be ugly and we all know that looks are a huge deciding factor.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2012, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I have thought this is a good idea for a long time. It would feel freakin awesome to drive a boat when you are right in the bow. I think it would look ok, D-Drive ski boats look super sexy and they are cab forward closed bow. Also would provide a great space for a mondo bow tank. It would be a big innovation for sure, not sure if any boat companies are brave enough
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-06-2012, 6:47 PM Reply   
The tige rzr is pretty cab forward, much like the vtx is. It's short but wide with a big cockpit
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-06-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
SOMETHING INTERESTING!!!! Notice on the middle of the windshield a warning: bow capacity 3 persons!!!!! Avoiding x45 incidents I see
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-06-2012, 7:10 PM Reply   
Very true. The RZR does have a smaller bow with more cockpit space. We like that because no one really rides up front much.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-06-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
IMO, the realestate in the cabin is worth 10X the realestate in the bow.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-06-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
The boat looks great, Malibu has a fantastic Wakesetter line... all there boats look amazing. However, I dont quite understand the rear transom seats. They could have added another 10-12" of lounge area without the seats on the transom. You do not really need seats to sit on the transom and hang out.... I would prefer more lounge area where people are sitting in the boat.

The 20' boat market must be in demand, there are plenty of options for buyers.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-06-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
Teak seats take storage, not cockpit space.......
Old    kx250frider617            11-07-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
I think it would be cool to have the mxz 20 bow size in the mxz 22 boat. I think thats what Centurion does now, makes options for bow sizes on their enzo line. 244/244+
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-07-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
just saw on boat trader that the price on this thing is like 94K.........LOL...for a 20ft boat...what a joke...i dont dare what it does or what it has, there aint no way in heck that this thing is worth that.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-07-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
*care*
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-07-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Totally agree when the competitions 20 ft boats are running in the 50K range. The VTX was really already priced out of the market compared to other 20 footers and this one is more. I just paid a little more than half that for a 2013 RZR. HALF!! Malibu makes a great boat but at 94K that is pure fantasy!
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-07-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Same here jsut paid about half for my 2012 MB F21.......maybe the hull is gold plated or something...lol
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-07-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
If we're looking at the same boat here, then the one on boat trader for 94 is actually a VTX, not the 20 MXZ. There are two 2013 VTX's that appear to be listed by the same dealer, one for 94 and the other for 93. There's no way that boat would ever actually go for that much money, right? I couldn't imagine the price tag on the 20 MXZ would be less..
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-07-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
. I just paid a little more than half that for a 2013 RZR. HALF!! Malibu makes a great boat but at 94K that is pure fantasy!
bingo...
a boat of equal quality at 35k less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER View Post
Same here jsut paid about half for my 2012 MB F21.......maybe the hull is gold plated or something...lol
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-07-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
how much is the 22mxz? 24mxz?

I do not know, but I am certain you can get a new 22mxz for 80's... so the 20mxz should be high 60's???

loving that color combo, especially that new green.

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 11-07-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added "high"
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-07-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
All you guys saying how cheap you got your boat really has no relevance. List what the MSRP was for your boat. Yes I agree no VTX should go $90k and I bet you they don't! Just like your budget boat you bought doesn't list at the price you paid either.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-07-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
just saw on boat trader that the price on this thing is like 94K.........LOL...for a 20ft boat...what a joke...i dont dare what it does or what it has, there aint no way in heck that this thing is worth that.
How about you post a link? I don't see any 20 MXZ's anywhere on boat trader yet. I do see the $94k VTX though:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...0vtx-101866540

That dealer is clearly listing MSRP prices as no VTX sells for anywhere near that. That is nearly $30k more than the price I was given for a custom order 2012 VTX from my local dealer just last year. Just because an idiot dealer posts MSRP prices on boat trader doesn't mean that is what the boat actually sells for.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       11-07-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
In fact there are new 22 MXZ's for sale on boat trader in the low $80k range right now. If course the 20 MXZ will be less than the 22 MXZ, and likely more than the VTX.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-07-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
The main cabin doesn't look quite as deep from bow to stern as my RZR, but you can definitely see the extra 6" beam width as it does look wider in the interior. The bow is definitely wider in the front as it is using all of the pickle fork.

I'm really curious to see the wake, especially at speeds less than 20mph. That's one of my biggest issues with my boat is that I can only get 1 side of the wake clean at a time for my 5yr old at around 18.4mph. I can't clean both sides until around 20.6mph.
If it's anything like my VTX it's super easy to clean up at slow speeds as long as you don't over weigh it. If it follows the same trend as the 22 MXZ it will have peaky wake with a nice rampy transition. I have yet to ride a better wakeboard wake than the 22mxz, though I don't like it's surf wake
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-07-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
I remember when I owned a budget boat... I also used to bomb Big 3 threads with flamboyant statements like "I could buy two of my boats for that!"

If that backwards logic helps you guys justify your purchase, then I'm happy for you.

The fact is that you are comparing MSRP to actual market prices (apples to oranges).

My last budget boat, which was the same as yours Micah, had an MSRP over $70k with all the options. Guess what I paid... < $50k and that was early in the season.

A VTX is easy to buy in the $60's depending on options. VLX is just a few G's more than that, and LSV just a few G's more than that. The inflated MSRP is meaningless.

If you ever want to know what boats actually sell for, just go to OIB and search for one-year-old boats from PRIVATE sellers. Guys who sell boats after one year are typically trying to recoup close to purchase price. Try it sometime... You'll see what I'm talking about.

And I have to laugh when I see the Tige owners positioning their boats as budget boats (nice try simplej). Tige makes a very nice product, but has any boat company raised prices faster over the past 5 years?? In most markets their actual market prices are MORE than Bu, MC, etc. Many many people on this forum have reported this after extensive negotiations on all brands (501s comes to mind).
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-07-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
LOL.....looks like i upset the BOAT GODS of WAKEWORLD...man you guys sure get deffensive easy
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-07-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
No one counts Canadiens, imo.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-07-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
ah yes, of course.
yes tige's prices have increased massively. As has their quality, from 2008-today the quality difference is massive.
trading in a old malibu, these are are difference in values + trade quoted at the boat show in 2011. or market value...
mastercraft x-2, tower speakers, heater, 350 single axle trailer, basic ballast: 38,999 more than what we paid for our boat, asked if we could do a vtx for 55k basic options the dealer literally chuckled and pointed us towards an a20. he said you can have it for 45k with nothing, dealer quotes 20k higher for vtx than the rzr and axis a few k less than the rzr. finally nautique 200, 15k more than the rzr. these boats were all sitting at the show, the tige was a custom order...advertised high with the big 3, priced to move.

Last edited by simplej; 11-07-2012 at 2:06 PM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-07-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL.....looks like i upset the BOAT GODS of WAKEWORLD...man you guys sure get deffensive easy
Nobody is upset, just stating the facts and giving a few examples. MSRP does not equal market price, as your previous post seemed to suggest.

Not sure who the boat gods are. Aren't we all just boat owners discussing toys on a forum?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-07-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
It seems you are a bit upset when the commoners with the budget boats dare to compare with your "big 3" on Mt High!!!

I love that MC, CC, and now Malibu owners somehow think they are better than everyone else. How does the brand boat you own make you a better person? Does it make you feel good when you say things like "I remember when I owned a budget boat"!! Regardless of brand all the prices are ridiculous. Alot of our pricing arguments come from the dealers we use. Around here Tige negotiates, MC, Supra/Moomba, and Malibu do not. Thats why I bought a Tige. I would have bought any brand for the right deal. Other just wouldn't work with me. I guess if that would have been a MC, CC, or Bu I would have had to start taking down to people. Unreal.
Old     (NOBODY)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-07-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
Granny Smith apple meets toad! That boat would make anybody dizzy.

What the hell is it? A bass boat with some sort of bent up tower?

Take the tower speakers and toss them in the recycle bin for extra Christmas cash and buy some real tower speakers.

Last edited by NOBODY; 11-07-2012 at 3:46 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-07-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
Don't worry one day it might be the big 4 and you can have your place on Mt High also! Sorry couldn't resist. Agree stupid to argue, it will all work itself out in the end. If Tige or MB keep making great boats that last and are a better value in the long run then that will be great for all. But for now people will pay more for MC or CC and even BU I guess
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-07-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
It seems you are a bit upset when the commoners with the budget boats dare to compare with your "big 3" on Mt High!!!

I love that MC, CC, and now Malibu owners somehow think they are better than everyone else. How does the brand boat you own make you a better person? Does it make you feel good when you say things like "I remember when I owned a budget boat"!! Regardless of brand all the prices are ridiculous. Alot of our pricing arguments come from the dealers we use. Around here Tige negotiates, MC, Supra/Moomba, and Malibu do not. Thats why I bought a Tige. I would have bought any brand for the right deal. Other just wouldn't work with me. I guess if that would have been a MC, CC, or Bu I would have had to start taking down to people. Unreal.
Sorry if I gave that impression. Let me clarify...

I wasn't talking down to anybody for owning a budget boat. I was calling out a couple of trolls for taking a thread about Malibu and trying to make it about their boats... And using false logic to do it.

I don't think I'm better. I have owned a Malibu for all of 6 months. BFD! And given my track record, I won't own it for long. My next boat could easily be a "budget boat."

I don't know where you get this idea that I get upset when folks compare budget boats to Big 3. If you know anything about me and my posts over the years, it's quite the opposite. I'm the guy who thinks all comparisons are fair game. My point was only to show that when it comes to pricing, let's not use MSRP vs. street prices.

Bottom line... All these boats are good, I often post in MC, MB, Supra, and CC threads. I love them all! It's the trolls and self promoters that get under my skin.

You are right about one thing... All boats cost too much.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-07-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
I hate when these treads turn into the budget boat vs expensive boat arguments. Nobody pays msrp. Just be happy with what you have.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       11-07-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
I was told by a dealer today to expect the boat to be in the mid to low $80's. I'm not sure where that translates as far as the street price.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-08-2012, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Apparently it's called "Monster Green"
only thing i'm concerned about is... will it kill you if you look at it too much like their drink?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
only thing i'm concerned about is... will it kill you if you look at it too much like their drink?
looks like a much better accent color than an all boat color. That boat would look pretty sweet if you reversed the black and green
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-09-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   

from Malibu Boats on Vimeo.

Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       11-09-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
if they got the wake like the 22mxz... thats a money 20 fter
Old     (jrich)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-09-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
That mirror looks absolutely hideous! Just sayin...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich View Post
That mirror looks absolutely hideous! Just sayin...
Actually that mirror is pretty bad ass. Have used one on a demo. It gives you full view out to the sides of the boat like mine does, but it's one piece not three piece