Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            05-14-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Does anybody surf with an RZ2? Sheesh, am I even using the correct name of the model? James went up to the wake9 event yesterday afternoon for a shoot and came back saying the wake really booted him. I only have some long distance pictures from the chase boat. I thought that boat had issues with the swim deck? Did they change it for production? I'd love to see better photos of the surf wake, if anyone has them.
Attached Images

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-14-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
jeff what do you mean by james got booted by the wake.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
I think he meant BOOSTED. He was getting some great air, and he got off the boat and said the wake was sick, Dennis did a good job weighting the boat, which is why we call him the master weighter.

I should be posting some pics from the shoot shortly. Here is the deal, YOU can ride behind the boat weighted this way, just get your butt down here. Danny Guttierrez and Ben Pigeon have offered to pull anyone who shows up today, with the boats weighted for the contest, as they were on the shoot. The boats are weighted with the in hull tank full, ~750 lbs of lead/shot and then another ~500 lbs or so of sac, total of about 1600 lbs in rear corner, and then about 200 lbs in front, since there is no one riding up there. Taps at 3-4, we found the same thing, taps up to high and you lose the push.

I have the photographer bringing me some of the best pics now, so I can post. Stay tuned...
Old    surfdad            05-14-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
It could be, I passed him in the kitchen around 11pm - WAY PAST my bedtime, so who knows what he ACTUALLY said and what I heard! DJ, James was quite pleased with the wake, so whatever he was telling me it was meant to be positive.

Ragboy, will you have any photos of James from last night? He said that his first air during his second time out felt huge...I'm wondering if he's getting more air, or if the transition is just different and FEELS like he going bigger.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Some pics from the shoot...

Dude, check out that purdy wake, and the purdy boy. ;-) Sean has been setting up my kids with a lot of his gear, some really fun stuff. The kids love the slippers.

Here is a link to a quick video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26SCfYWvx8I
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
We are setting Chase to go on the V226, and then maybe Dennis to ride goofy. I am going to have Maddie with our HD camera and David Wilsey on to take some pics. Hopefully give you a definitive look at the wake. And since Dennis will ride it, I am sure he will give you his opinion.
Old    surfdad            05-14-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I stole some pictures from Facebook - Robert did you post these? I think Timmy at TO posted the link. I love the glass in that second picture - you can see the reflection of the boat! Although not a great picture of the wake, it looks decent from the pictures I've seen.
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
No, I think Danny from Tige posted those.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Great shots!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdad View Post
It could be, I passed him in the kitchen around 11pm - WAY PAST my bedtime, so who knows what he ACTUALLY said and what I heard! DJ, James was quite pleased with the wake, so whatever he was telling me it was meant to be positive.

Ragboy, will you have any photos of James from last night? He said that his first air during his second time out felt huge...I'm wondering if he's getting more air, or if the transition is just different and FEELS like he going bigger.
Yes, in time, we will post everything worth seeing. Will definitely get what you want.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Wow, great looking boat and wave!!!

Are we going to see surfdad's ole' Tige in the classified section.........?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Wake9 did a review

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
Thats just a quick video of the wake, there is another youtube video of the complete review, just posted a few weeks ago or so, but its video we shot back on Halloween. The video shows stock wake, this video, just from a few days ago, is stock, plus I shoved a 1000lb fat sac in the locker:

Here was the full review, part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBEDDA7DBY

Here is part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4PMs4waX34

Here is the video we did when we added the 1000 lbs, and tested a new camera lens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icr8aYxxZ_w

And this is just a quickie from yesterday, the photoshoot. Boat is weighted with about 1600 lbs in corner, lead and water, and then 200 or so in the front on same side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26SCfYWvx8I

How do you embed youtube videos in here? I don't see a button for it? Is there a special tag?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-14-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
Last video doesn't work
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
On YouTube, just under the video (right side), there is an "embed" button, click that and copy the highlighted code. Then in your wakeworld reply, simply paste the link and the wakeworld software will automatically detect and embed the video.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
OK, so I need to update on the ballast. In the photoshoot, he set up the rear corner with 700 lbs of lead, 400 in the far back corner, and 300 lbs under the rear passenger, or "ballast boy" seat, since there was going to be just the 2 models in the boat, almost no people weight. Also, about 200 lbs in the front ballast tank on same side. This is how he setup on both regular and goofy, and the wake was excellent, enough to impress Dennis and James.

The Sky Supreme also has a good wake, and we have taken video and pictures, will be posting a bit later, when we get a chance to sort through it, but should be tonight. Dennis said he thought the goofy wake was a bit better than regular on the supreme, but both still good. RJ rode goofy on the supreme and said it was a very good wake, but not quite the push of the RZ2, which he had just rode on. They steepened the wake with the plate, and then it was better, but he then got some rooster in his face, but not to bad. Those are just first impressions of course, get out here if you want to see for yourself. Chase Hazen rode on the supreme this morning, maybe he will post what he thinks.

Jeff Walker (surfdad) is out on the RZ2 surfing as I speak.

ragboy
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
OK, so I need to update on the ballast. In the photoshoot, he set up the rear corner with 700 lbs of lead, 400 in the far back corner, and 300 lbs under the rear passenger, or "ballast boy" seat, since there was going to be just the 2 models in the boat, almost no people weight. Thats a total of about 1300 lbs in the rear. Also, about 200 lbs in the front ballast tank on same side. This is how he setup on both regular and goofy, and the wake was excellent, enough to impress Dennis and James.

The Sky Supreme also has a good wake, and we have taken video and pictures, will be posting a bit later, when we get a chance to sort through it, but should be tonight. Dennis said he thought the goofy wake was a bit better than regular on the supreme, but both still good. RJ rode goofy on the supreme and said it was a very good wake, but not quite the push of the RZ2, which he had just rode on. They steepened the wake with the plate, and then it was better, but he then got some rooster in his face, but not to bad. Those are just first impressions of course, get out here if you want to see for yourself. Chase Hazen rode on the supreme this morning, maybe he will post what he thinks.

Jeff Walker (surfdad) is out on the RZ2 surfing as I speak.

ragboy

Last edited by ragboy; 05-14-2010 at 4:08 PM. Reason: type
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
For some reason, the video of tbone surfing the rz2 during the photoshoot crapped out on youtube, here is a different link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ImxV-FePL8
Old    surfdad            05-14-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
We did get a chance to ride the RZ2 - that's a nice looking boat and the Camp Far West is a gorgeous area.

Our host was Ben Pigeon, son of Charlie Pigeon. Charlie started Tige Boats way back in the day. Before starting Tige, Charlie worked as Director of Sales and Marketing with MasterCraft, Supra and Malibu Boats.

Ben, riding:
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Oops! We just had an accident, Danny Gutierrez from Tige hit a log and damaged one of the contest boats. No worries, we have one of the greatest boats for having the best possible wake on both sides, plus, we have the Master Weighter. We are going to pull the contest with one boat, both goofy and regular.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-15-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
wake looks good,wish I was there..
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Here's the link for the live stream of the Festival!! Tell your friends! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wake9-festival
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2010, 11:27 PM Reply   
What a great time I am having. We have always said that we want to promote great family boats that produce great wakes on both sides. All the versatility, without the compromise, and we have 2 boat models out here that are proving that. The Tige RZ2 and the Sky Supreme V226. You wouldn't believe the video and photos we are getting, conditions are amazing. And its the pros like Chase, James, Johhny, Sean, Bri is going to be here tomorrow, that are talking about how great the wakes are. Dennis has done an amazing job proving he is the Master Weighter. Tomorrow we will be pulling the rest of the contest with one boat, both Goofy and Regular. The video we are getting is amazing, and will show you in detail. Dennis is using the stock ballast system in the Tiges, with about 600 lbs of lead in addition, for that extra PRO wake. Same on both sides. Not sure on the V226, I am sure he will post.

We had a great time with the Tandem session. Dennis and Jessica vs Adrianna and Sophia, what a crack up, and lots of fun. We hope to do this again next year, and include more fun classes on Saturday, with the more serious stuff on Sunday.

If you are in the area, come out tomorrow, if not, go to http://ustream.tv/wake9 for the live stream, it should be starting around 10am. We will also have all of the pristine video from the boat cameras that we will put up for free after the contest.

Hope to see you there.

Last edited by wakeworld; 10-05-2010 at 4:02 PM. Reason: minor edits
Old    surfdad            05-16-2010, 4:22 AM Reply   
I've never watched the live feed, but it proved to be a special treat for our family. Judy's parents live in Florida and due to their age can't really travel, so they've never seen James ride in a contest. Once the feed was live, Judy called her brother, Richie, who lives close to their parents and gave him all the details. Richie was able to get the live feed and so James' grandparents were able to watch him ride in a contest for the first time! I can't tell you how thrilled they were! For today, they are planning the day around watching the feed again.
Old    surfdad            05-16-2010, 4:24 AM Reply   
I have one picture of James from Friday behind the RZ2.
Attached Images

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-20-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
What speeds were you running at in these boats while surfing? Is there an optimum wakesurf speed or is it all dependant on how much ballast in what type of boat?
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       05-20-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
Ragboy- The picture above with Maddie surfing is a great picture. I wouldn't be surprised if that makes it in a tige brochure.