Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-26-2009, 10:43 PM Reply   
I currently am riding a 144 2008 CWB Faction, looking for a board with a little quicker response and more control when cutting. I have my eye on the CWB Pure which has a three stage rocker and three fins on each end of the board rather than two like the Faction.

Does anyone here ride the Pure or have any input on this board? I am an intermediate rider, no flips, jumping the wake and flipping the board around is about all I can do right now. Do you think this board would be a step up from the Faction? I like the Faction but it definitely slips up easily, the fins are not long on the end of the board and it has a continuous rocker.

Any help/input appreciated. Thanks.....Travis
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-27-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
Travis... Keep riding the Faction till you build some more skills. The board is not what's holding you back. In fact, the Pure is not that different of a ride. It's a 3 stage, so it'll develop a little more pop, but it'll also be a bit slower.

Ride the Faction, build your skills, then pick up a 2010 Faction next year. It's (IMO) one of the most fun boards around next to the Transcend (which I also love). The 2010 board is night/day different from your current ride.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-27-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'd agree with Evan, I've ridden them both and find them to ride somewhat similarly. The Pure will not be much quicker and I don't think is a step up from the Faction. I chose to ride the Faction all last year over every other board in the C-dub line.

I'll admit the Faction is not the fastest board out there, but like Evan said it is a great platform to build your skills. Learning to rely on the rails and body position, not fins, is what will get you to the next level.

The new Faction is the board you want. Ride yours for now and look for the 2010 board, it is night and day different.
Old     (reki34)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-27-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
I had a 08 Pure that I disliked. Slow and real mellow.. But my 04 Pure rips. 04 w/08 Torqs on it. The 04 is basically the 02 Absolute board. Still think it has the best look ever given to the Pure line. On this site anyways it has the best and most user reviews.. My only question is why would you want to got a 3 fin system when in the end you will be back at 2 fins?? I would stick with the Faction. Put more time into learning to control the board. What I am doing with my Pure with out the center fin, and its hella loose with out it.

Reki

(Message edited by Reki34 on August 27, 2009)
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-27-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reviews on this board, you guys saved me about $400. I will continue to ride the faction, I like the board, but have not had the chance to ride any others to compare. Just thought going to a three stage rocker would speed the board up a little. From the way it sounds the faction is a pretty solid board.