Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
Are the cells lining removable? Just received mine in the mail and they sure don't want to come out.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Good call. I have not tried to remove mine either. Seems like they are in there pretty good. note: use the J-bars that come with your boots. They work great. And install those first before you take them in for the heat process. Let me know if you need any info on these boots. You are going to love them!
Old     (darv)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-26-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Haven't used them yet but I loved the fact that I could slip them on in the living room dry and then cinch them down to fit as tight as a snowboard boot. They fit like I've always wanted a wakeboard binding to fit.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
the j bars definately make a difference in holding your heel down! i haven't tried to remove the liners yet either...so far i have had no problem with them drying, and i have gone out about 12 times in the last 3 weeks. they've always been dry the next day. has anyone experienced their big toe jamming foward on their front foot? started to get a little tender, but it's all good the next day...so far.
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
I'm hopefully going to get a pair of these soon, did you guys ride the same size in the cell as you would a snowboard boot? I got 9 forums and they fit really well with my wool socks. And I used to wear size M in hyperlite, but they were always a little big.
Old    atom_ant            04-26-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
I wore a M-L in HL and wear a 9 w/ the Cells.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Jay here is the answer to your question:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/435835.html?1177538824
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
yeah i read that...just wanted to hear some opinions/experience on the Cells specifically.
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Liners aren't supposed to be removeable. But I'm sure you can rip them out if you want to. Another tip don't dip them in the water before putting them on. The liner is more tacky when wet and actually harder to put on. Love them so far behind the boat haven't come out of them once. Kind of a pain at the cable park when you have to take them off in put them right back on wet.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Love the Cells, I have used them acouple times they give great support to my ankles and are easy to put on and take off. Last year I had to use an ankle brace for extra support on my bad ankle but with the new Cell bindings and the fitted linear I don't need to use it anymore, which is great becasue with the brace on it was a PITA to get the boot off. Not to mention that in a bad crash my feet would only release from one binding. I think you can remove the linear, if I recall one of the linears wanted to come out when I was removing my foot.

(Message edited by nvboarder on April 26, 2007)
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
i love them but they seem to loosen up at the baseplate and the board after a session I have a ronix board too but it could be the baseplate design but id get them if your willing to live with tightning them a lot. or you could always get those liquid force clamps for them