Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
I've been a boat owner for nearly two weeks and something bad has finally happened...

Some inconsiderate jacka$$ slammed into my new boatmate trailer today, then left the scene ...

Not that big of a deal, but when you get something new and you are really proud of how "perfect" the condition of everything is - it sucks.

I know there is nothing to be done, just wanted unload some before I accidently kill a roommate or stroke out.... hahaha... pics of boat / trailer soon :|
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-11-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
I hit a guys trailer one day leaving the marina. Broke his tailight. So I leave a note letting him know I'm the one who hit it and will pay for the damage with my cell #. He calls me up later that day and says he can't even hardly believe that I left a note, then proceeds to tell me not to worry about it, that he was planning on installing some new lights anyway, lol.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-11-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
My trailer got hit one time, and the rear signal broke. I didn't notice until I saw a note under my windshield wiper. Some lady had hit it, but she left her contact info and everything. I called her back just to see what happened and said it was fine. I was working at West Marine that summer, and could get a great deal on a new taillight fixture, so thankfully it wasn't a big deal.

Props to people who are honorable enough to leave notes and own up :-)
Old     (outbackls)      Join Date: May 2004       06-12-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Clayton,
I feel for you. I had the same thing happen last summer on our new boatmate trailer. The moron hooked my guide pole and bent the snot out of it. It happened at a DNR launch site so I had them call the local sheriff who promptly takes 1 hour to get to the scene and then proceeds to tell me that he can't even write up an official accident report because it's DNR/Township property. What the heck did we even wait around for??? Very frustrating to ride around with a brand new boat and trailer with a guide pole bent at a 30 degree angle backwards! Luckily it wasn't too expensive to replace. I got no note!!! SOME PEOPLE REALLY SUCK!
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
I so wouldn't have cared if they ahd left a note. Its a bad situation - but what do you do - accidents happen - but when you dont at least offer to pay or leave contact info - well, you're just scum...

jeff, that sucks - mine is not that bad, sorry to hear that happened to you though...
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Yes.. it does suck.. my 03' dodge got nailed above!! the tail light. Well it was a biggy.. basically pushed the corner of the truck in.. once again.. no note... GRRRR!!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
About a month ago, we were launching just after a bass tournament so the ramp was packed. My buddy who was parkig the trailer for me ran my boat trailer into someone else's. My trailer was OK but the other guy's trailer had it's taillight smashed in pretty good and our two trailers had kind of locked horns in the rear. We were lucky enough to have hit the guy who won 1st place and $2000 in the bass tourney. He didn't care a bit and even helped my friend unlock the trailers before I had the chance to get up there to handle the situation. I talked to him for a minute afterwards and he even gave us a beer.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-12-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
haha that's hella funny
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
this one is a little different, i live across the street from are ramp so one day i guy was towing his boat past my house and the trailer jumped off the hitch and the boat/trailer ran into the back of our new suburban...and that is why people need the chains