Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
So last night after a few cool ones we decided to throw a kicker together.. Here are some pics, does our angle look ok here? also we decided we better cover it with something slick, anybody know of something cheap??

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-26-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
love the paint job
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-26-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
i hate tubers on glass as much as everyone else here. but your telling me when the lake gets blown out it wouldnt be fun to hit that kicker on a tube? haha
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
^^ that did cross our mind a time or two!! The entire thing still needs to be painted we just threw that on there for the maiden voyage!

(Message edited by hyperlink on August 26, 2009)
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-26-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
We are thinking of getting some shower enclosure from menards and liquid nailing it on the top. We don't want to spend a fortune on Trex board as we don't know how long we will be able to have it out.

Anyone have any riding tips to hit it as none of us have hit a kicker before?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-26-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Cut as hard as possible + take pictures + post them for all to see = recipe for success
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-26-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
haha. i just thought it could be fun getting thrown on a whip right onto that.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-26-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
The best material to use for kickers is FRP (fiberglass reinforced polycarbonate) panels. You can buy them in like 4'x8' sheets at Home Depot or Lowes. They are normally in the bathroom section. Its typically used for like shower walls and stuff like that. Use the texture side up and it works perfect. Thats what we used on my kicker.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-26-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Try to stay off your edges when you're actually on the kicker, you'll slip out every time otherwise.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-26-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
you can try the stuff that goes on the inside of showers... its a really slick smooth white material at like Home Depot for only like $10 a sheet (4x8) and its rotproof.... just buy lots of liquid nail to attach it
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-27-2009, 1:10 AM Reply   
kickers are amazing fun, especially for spins. like jos said make sure you flatten off your board before u hit it, if youre on any kind of edge you slip back and smash into it
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-27-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
thanks guys, we are super pumped, but at the same time a little nervious. We are having a beach party this weekend and planning on setting our new kicker up and a rail in front of the party. I am sure there will be a couple heroes that need to show off to the babes after a few beers, so I will have the cameras rolling so we can all get a good laugh. Now if this stupid Iowa weather would behave
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-27-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
one last thing guys wear a helmet especially for your first time, helmet has saved my skull twice now on kickers
Old     (kyp12)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-27-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Dude, just make sure not to cover up the paint job on the side. Damn its the truth.

Oh and these guys are right, wear a helmet. Best money I've spent since I started boarding.