Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
So I've started trying Roll To Reverts and I am always sliding out which I hear is a common problem, any tips? Here is the vid, the first 10 seconds is accidental junk I left on the vid.

Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-17-2010, 12:35 AM Reply   
I can't do them but I would say try and slow your rotation down a bit. It looks to me like you are over-rotating. You look super close though
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks Adam, do you have any specific suggestions for slowing down the rotation? That's usually the biggest change I need to make but my normal back rolls are spun with one hand, using two makes me spin faster but I'm not sure how to slow it down.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
you let your arms out away from your body to slow rotation and pull them in close to increase speed of rotation. same with body the taller you stay the slower you rotate ball up to rotate faster. GOOD LUCK
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-05-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Get really comfortable doing big HS FS 1s.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-07-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
I don't do these but slipping out on the 180 is due to under-rotation of the 180 (not the invert). If you think about spinning the 180 more than you think than you should start landing them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
i don't know if puckhead watched the video but you definetly over rotated the trick.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-07-2010, 7:26 PM Reply   
I just learned this trick recently... the key for me was to only go out about 8-10 feet outside the wake and concentrate on really building your edge as you're going up the wake. For landing, I focus on putting that handle in my back pocket. The handle location for you might be your biggest problem on over rotation. Try landing just a HS FS 180 with the handle up by your chest, it won't work very well. If that doesn't work... By watching your cut, you're keeping the same edge from about 6 feet out all the way to your release. I focus on drifting in and then really dropping into a strong edge as I go up the wake. I learned them on the cable first and then took them to boat and the technique for me was similar.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-08-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
You're under-rotating big time. Take the trick UP higher and on your way downpull the handle into the middle of your back and get over your toes.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-08-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
Also try doing HS FS 180's but throw they REALLY late- like on after the second wake.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-08-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
WILL5150 how do you under rotate big time on a roll to revert and land on your a$$ instead of your face. do you have the two confused/
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-10-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
Sorry - i didn't phrase this well. the ROLL is not under-rotated, the SPIN is... He needs to pull the handle into the center of his back and lean away from the boat over his toes. The roll's fine... Sorry if I wasn't clear...
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-15-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
Just my 2 cents. I think you need to let go of your lead hand a little earlier. That will help you to square up your board body and landing to stomp it. Right now you are keeping both hands on the handle through 85% of the roll. That seems to pull you back towards you reg BR. Then you are trying to spin the 180 at the end and it looks like it's causing you to over rotate. You can also straighten out your legs a bit to slow down the rotation.