Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
Anyone have any strong thoughts re: these boards. Thinking about the Butter Board Churn or the CWB Ride or Tsunami. If there was a local shop that sold the Phase 5 Oogle I also thought that looked like it may work, but I want immediate gratification and it does not look like that is going to happen.

Any other ideas for a bigger board that you are sold on. Note, many of the people I ride with are bigger than me(6’1”+ 200 lbs.)…. Not really looking for anything other than getting into the pocket and riding without the rope…..
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-12-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
E.J., I think there is a shop in Orem or Provo that has Phase 5's. I think it's called Union Board Shop.

I'll bring my Landlock and LF Skimskate for you to try out next time. Jim's Inland Surfer may be good for you too, but I personally hate it. I prefer the skimboard style boards much better than the surfboard style boards. The exact opposite of Ryan, haha. I get back in town Sun afternoon if you want to try and hit it up next week.

Does Marine Products have anything you can demo?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-12-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Jay...is Union Board Shop still in business? I have been trying to call them and get no answer or machine? That would be GREAT if they actually had a Oogle in stock.

I wonder if my size would kill me with the skimboard style.

I have not been in to Marine Products to see if they have a demo, maybe I should swing by.

I rode a IS Green Room and liked it, but I don't know if I want to spend $450 on a wake surfer.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
Okay....looks like it is the LF Inlander. Talked to Coop at Marine Products and that is the board he thought would fit my needs best. No demos....

It gets the initial test this coming weekend.

Union Board Shop is picking up Phase 5 next year. As a side note, those guys are great. I left a message and they called me back within like 5 minutes and were VERY customer friendly. They have their crap in a pile....and I give them a big thumbs up.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have the CWB Ride, and it seems like a good board, although I am not super happy with it. Seems to bury the nose pretty easily. I rode a Shoreline Lakeboard (Jessica Oswald's) the other day, and it seemed to be MUCH nicer. Of course, she could make any board smoke! I am a rook at wakesurfing, but noticed a big difference in floatation and handling. Just rode better all the way around. Those are the only ones I have ridden, so I can not speak for the others you mentioned. Good idea to try a few before you buy.

Good luck!
Old    clubjoeskier            07-13-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
I have the broadcast, and been pretty happy with it, but I weigh in at a burley 165lbs, soaking wet and wearing boots ...The board handles really well, but like Buzz, I'm still waitin' on those sponsors to call me too....

Been on the Broadcast when I first learned, and it seemed much faster and bouyant, but with a little less handling.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
ShredStixx boards work really well. I have the fish stix model 5'10" 22" wide. Works great for the bigger guys. I also ride the 5'6" Inland surfer. Works good but not as much floatation as the ShredStixx. I am 6' 190#'s. The ShredStixx are thick and wide. Super easy to ride. Removable fin system to make your ride a little looser.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-02-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
E.J... So how do you like the LF Inlander?

I was looking at that board at MP and was wondering about it, or if I should wait and go with a Phase 5 Ooogle. I like the idea about putting the Phase 5 in my current board rack.

Thanks
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
I am VERY happy with the Inlander. For me, it is a better fit than the Green Room(a board I wanted, just didn't want to pay for). I think that Mike liked mine enough that he went an pick himself one up.

I still have not been on a Oogle, so who knows what I would think of that.