Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    Christie Fisher (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
Another chilly Saturday on the Delta!

Riders: Mark But****a, Dave Smalley, Greg Sandford and Christie Fisher.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9737
Old    Christopher Stack (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
damn woman, you're a movie-making machine! nice going.
Old    Christie Fisher (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Christopher - Yeah, I have been trying to keep up, but I still have piles of tapes that I haven't even looked at yet. Maybe I ride too much...haha!
Old    Harry (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-06-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
how could u possibly ride too much, the only people that would say you ride too much are those that don't!!!!!

you ride to much!
Old    eric fox (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-08-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Hey Christie, great video. What was the music on that vid? You should put a "credits" section at the end telling who the riders were and what the artist and track were.

Eric
Old    jetgofish            01-08-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
Christie, once again great footage. That crash of Greg where he attempts a back roll was awesome! Down then back up with no board...ouch! No wonder we didn't see you Saturday, we were in Vickie's! Thought about the road, but every one voted for the V. Sure to see ya out there soon...your 180's are coming along. Great job!
Old    stormrider            01-08-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
Christie, most interesting to me video from a bunch of really interesting stuff. Always wondered what might happen if you totally mess up the takeoff on a hs backroll and hit your head on the wake. Mark almost solved that one! 89- I'm surprised more people weren't out! How much weight in your boat?
Old    eyesman            01-08-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
christie,
nice work. gregs backroll to flop is painfull to watch - it looks like he lost consciousness. guess i am back in my 3 funk again - ouch! Can anyone help me with a SCARECROW?? that watched the video.
thanks,
dave
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
HEY!!!

You Nor Cal thieves. That's my patented backroll to backflop move. It's taken me over a year to perfect that move!
Old    eyesman            01-08-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
cliff,
that's still yours. i think gregs was a backroll to belly/face flop
Old    Christie Fisher (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
Eric - Great suggestion...maybe I will do that in the next vid. The song is "I Put My Trust In You" by John Lee Hooker.

Teri - We ended up just hitting RR since the wind was blowing NW. It usually affects Victoria the most if it is blowing in that direction. I had to get off the water early to head to the airport so we just went straight to RR.

Steven - My boat is weighted with the MLS, two hard tanks in the rear lockers (250lbs each), the wedge and 650lbs of lead (260 in bow, 195 each rear locker).

Cliff - You know what they say...imitation is the best form of flattery...haha!
Old    stormrider            01-08-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Christie: the wake behind your boat looks, from the videos (and the easy pop you guys get)awesome; and it is produced with just 1150 lbs plus the wedge, gas, people beer and gear? I am looking to get a better wake boat (been looking at the SANs and the X-2) but I hear the Malibus are less expensive. If I go bu I'll tell them to send you a referral check!
Old    Misty (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-08-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Christie- Awesome video as usual!
Teri- Greg and Dave found their "wings" on a few flights... we should take notes!!!
Old    eric fox (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Christie,

I really like the videos and find myself also wondering the song/artist. I like how we can see who is riding and put faces to names.
I must have an archive of 10-12 of your videos.
Eric
Old    ontrider            01-12-2004, 4:45 PM Reply   
I don't mean to be rude, but that was the UGLIEST toeside backroll attempt i've ever seen.
Old    eyesman            01-12-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
jonathan,

do you know the rider you are cutting down? i don't think you do. it is rude to make comments like that when you do not know the rider. let's see some of your attempts or do you nail every trick on your first try.
take care,
dave
Old    stormrider            01-12-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
Dave, I think you are overreacting. How is Jonathan's comment any different than yours that "greg's backroll was painful to watch"? What difference does it make if you know Greg or not? He said the roll attempt was ugly, not Greg. There wasn't anything personal in it.

I don't know any of the riders, either. But I love Christie's videos-- the good, the bad, and the ugly-- because her videos are fun. I don't know, I'd just hate to see this thread get nasty.
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-12-2004, 5:29 PM Reply   
It was a little rude. Just a bad choice of words maybe. Maybe offer some pointers instead of just criticism.
Old    ontrider            01-12-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Sorry, I thought it was a funny crash and I enjoyed watching it and the video... that's all.

Maybe offer pointers? Wait until you feel the pop off the wake until you initial your roll. Tuck your knees in toward your chest to help your rotation. Hope that helps even though I'm just an ass.
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            01-12-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Man that was a sweet video. All the landing of the tricks and the ending full of wipeouts. is there a way you can slow motion some of those tricks and wipeouts christie?
Old    flyer            01-12-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
O.K. Guys and gals......how the heck do you keep your hands from freezing when the temps are that cold. I live on the east coast and went out when it was 45 and water temp 43. Dry suit worked great and feet were not so bad but when we came out of the water, our hands froze!!!! We tried rubber surgical gloves under ski gloves but still could only last about 10 minuts. Any advice for us crazy cold weather riders?

Mark
Old    jetgofish            01-12-2004, 10:43 PM Reply   
Mark, personally I haven't had an issue. I've worn regular water ski gloves and we keep the hands up out of the water when we fall. In other words fingers to the sky! They do get cold and we warm them in the boat, but for the most part on the water I wear water ski gloves and one of the gals wears drysuit gloves!
Old    Misty (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-13-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Mark, I am the "other gal" that rides with Jetgofish... I have worn the drysuit gloves a few times. Still doesn't stay waterproof, or even that warm, does help with them not freezing all the way though... Overton's has Chotas Neo/Fleece Cold Water Gloves (item #33085 $27.99). I got them in last week, and hope to try them out this weekend. They feel awesome, fleece lined, waterproof strap, curved fingers with grippy sticky stuff. We will see, but I think it may be better than frost bite. I will let you know!!
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
Deep Six scuba gloves. You can find them in any scuba shop. We use them up here from November through March. Your hands stay completely comfy and warm.
Old    Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-13-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
Christie Fisher,

I am wondering why all of your videos are squashed horizontally. Is it your software going from 16:9 to 4:3 or are you doing it intentionally? I'm just wondering. It's like movies used to be on TV before they started doing letterbox and pan-and-scan. It looks kind of weird.
Old    Christie Fisher (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-13-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
Salmon - It is because I am filming in 16:9 and when I export to .wmv is gets squashed. When I export to mpeg2 and burn to DVD, it looks awesome on my TV in 16:9. That is the primary reason why I choose that format. Maybe I am doing something wrong when I export it to .wmv for web posting.
Old    Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-13-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
What software do you use? I know I've seen some WMVs at 16:9 but I'm not sure if it's only some software that will do it. Oh, well. It just makes everyone look really skinny and your wake more like a SAN.
Old    flyer            01-13-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hi All:

Thanks for the advice on the gloves for the cold. Maybe I can get out in March this year, or when the ice melts, whichever comes first! Stay warm.

Mark