Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Ive been trying riding now for a number of years. I have quite a few different inverts under my belt, but extremely embarrassed to say, just cant seem to get a spin to save my life. I just feel like I am going to get pulled over every time. So here is my question. With me being a bigger guy, and riding at a faster speed, I am thinking that possibly I am having too much line tension to properly make the pass. I dont think I ever properly make it to the small of my back with the handle. I was just curious if anyone had experienced anything like this before, and if so, any tips. My plan of attack, for today if I we get to ride, is to come in, to like 65 ft. Or whatever the shortest I can come in is. Slow the boat way down. And I supposed just try to successfully make a pass with a one wake jump. If I am successful with this, I am going to move on to w2w. If anyone has any advice, bring it. Thanks
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Proper technique is far more important on spins than inverts. You really need to load the line so you get a good release and pop off the wake. Your trying to go up and w2w, not out into the flats. Try loading the line but instead of leaning back for that progressive edge (like a raley), try less of an angle and pretend like your pushing the board into the water as you cut in. This should give you more pop, resulting in less line tension.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2009, 4:10 AM Reply   
I dont get the visual of "pushing the board into the water", seems like what I do for the progressive edge
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
I've always been told to take a shallower approach (takes tension off the line). Imagine yourself jumping into the boat, and looking back at yourself. Helped me learn them, now if i can only listn to my own advice. I developed a problem of getting too far away from the handle.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-25-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
Robot, its the same concept as Dan noted with a shallower cut. You can load the line without leaning the board at a hard edge. Watch someone like watson or santori ride and compare their edge to that of Lyman's and I think it will be clearer.