Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-14-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
^^ Yup, and like a bad car accident I keep looking at the updated threads only to feel like I get dumber and dumber everytime I do. I would like to open a class action lawsuit against Troy and Mhunter (mostly Troy) for robbing me of time in my life that i will never get back. I could have been sleeping or staring at the ceiling during these times. but no, I have to read these stupid comments going back and fourth going no where. I wish we could get back to some more meaningful threads like "boatbun"
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-14-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
You are all right, the G23 vs Star debate is getting old, especially considering their is no debate anymore. The rider's have spoken, and the 2012 boat of the year is the Star, anything else is just conjecture at this point.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
I am going to buy a 2012 x star right now after the polls have spoken. Can anyone tell me where I can find this boat of the year called the 2012 X Star? I know I saw one once in a video and was in one, but it disappeared like a ghost!

Yup the riders have spoken ........... Named a boat that wasn't even produced or absilable in a 2012 model yr as boat of the year for 2012. It's all legit. If that doesn't send up a red flag for total bs I don't know what will.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-14-2012 at 5:40 PM.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-14-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I am going to buy a 2012 x star right now after the polls have spoken. Can anyone tell me where I can find this boat of the year called the 2012 X Star? I know I saw one once in a video and was in one, but it disappeared like a ghost!

Yup the riders have spoken ........... Named a boat that wasn't even produced or absilable in a 2012 model yr as boat of the year for 2012. It's all legit. If that doesn't send up a red flag for total bs I don't know what will.
Why you so mad bro?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
I ain't mad just realistic.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-15-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
Swat, no disrespect intended but didn't someone pretty high up on the team talk forum call you out when you said you had been in the white star? Stating that they knew every single person that had ever even seen the boat? May have been another person. Again no disrespect intended.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Chase, They did attempt to call me out and stick up for their missteps that I was hammering away on. Without going into details regarding what transpired off the board with phone calls and emails I was able to set te record straight. I was wrong in posting all the negativity on an MC sponsored board regarding an experience that was given to me as a favor. It rubbed a ton of peole the wrong way as i was bringing up some major flaws in my post with thwir quity control.I got some friends in trouble with some of my views. I am not going to get into it all over again and re hash the 20 or so posts that were deleted and the info provided . Both mc and I left it alone and u haven't heard word one since with me banging on the boat after being at the first 2 tour stops watching my family member compete and being in the white one. I still stand by what I said I just should have kept those thoughts from that experience in my head as it wasn't worth it to the people who got a spanking for it due to my comments regarding its performance. However peruse te want all board since I opened up the flood gates of concern and see how many people with brand new boas have posted their disgust with MC and their help from te MC factory. No response to any of them asking for help after dropping 90k

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-15-2012 at 6:48 AM.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure its not the boat that makes you any better at wakeboarding

Last edited by rplogue7; 09-15-2012 at 9:35 AM.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-16-2012, 4:47 AM Reply   
I read Swatguy's posts on the MC forum he got spanked pretty good for his opinions . The MC forum doesn't allow opinions to be posted unless they are favorable to MC or negative to other brands. Bottom line is the boat is what it is . By suppressing opinions and negative comments you may sell more boats in the short run only to have the problems and issues come out after the sale. Just like the Cash Rewards program the truth was suppressed and hundreds got duped. Stop and think about all the debating, fighting and slamming that goes on here. In the end are you more informed or would you rather have a one sided sugar coated view ?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-16-2012, 5:21 AM Reply   
If the boat has issues they need/should be addressed.End of story.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-16-2012, 10:43 PM Reply   
as i said before, get in the boat ride behind it drive it, it is better to be informed, use your own judgement and knowledge to form an opinion rather than be someone that just doesnt like a brand and decides to call it out.
You are right the boat wil speak for itself. The more time i spend in Harleys boat the more i like it, but that is just my opinion and it doesnt really count here, just like some of the biased hating that has gone on towards this boat in this thread and others.
Im sure i could get on here as could many other people and absolutely go to town on either malibu or supra or nautique. It is a real shame that these threads always end up the same. When was the last time you where in the boat mhunter or swatguy. Swatguy you said you had family that rode behind it at a pro tour stop,
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-16-2012, 11:06 PM Reply   
Well Bill the closest I got to a new Star was about 400 ft at the PWT in Acworth GA. The local MC dealer has never had one . I know what I saw the wake was not good at times . The boat looked like it was porpoising at times and the wake was washed out at times. Has there been improvements since the first stop of the PWT? As I said before it would help a lot if there was a full length video showing the wake during the entire run. To date I have never seen anything more than still shots or edited tricks. I never said the wake was bad only inconsistent.

Last edited by mhunter; 09-16-2012 at 11:09 PM.