Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
I'm trying to decide between the LF watson and LF transits both 2006 models and I have heard a lot about a ton of heel space in the transits resulting in lots of heel lift, which i would like to aviod. Is this the case? Is it the same for the Watson?
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-19-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
i used to ride the 06 transits an they are the best ive ever had.I didn't experience any heel lift but thats just me
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
You will probably get some lift that was one of my complaints with them. The 07 the put in heal kidneys to hold them down. Much better IMO. If you can swing it go with the 07's.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-22-2007, 6:06 PM Reply   
I don't have heel lift in my 06's, but i also spent too many hours trying on their whole line up and wearing the boots for a period of time in the shop, imitating board motions to get a solid indication of things like fit, hold, comfort.
Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
I have a narrow heel and the '06 Transits lock you in good. You need to try for your self.
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2007, 1:10 AM Reply   
I've had the 2006 Transits for about 1.5 seasons now. They have held up well, and are comfortable, BUT I do get a lot of heel lift. The heel area is fairly wide, so I get no support there. So unless you heel is very wide, I think you will get heel lift.

I'd definitely try get the '07 with the kidneys. All the 2007 LF bindings seem to have improved with respect to heel hold.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-26-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
It all depends on the shape of your foot. Some people, like me, get a little heel lift, and others dont get any. Either way, they are really comfortable bindings...