Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-01-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
So I changed the oil in my boat last weekend and after I was done I ran it on the fake-a-lake to make sure I didn't have any leaks. As it was running I noticed a slow steady drip of water from one of the exhaust hoses between the riser (cat) and muffler. Wasn't sure at the time what caused this, but still had to get the hose to replace it. I cut the hose off and you can see what I found below. After seeing the first hose I knew the other side needed to be replaced as well. Luckily I had enough hose to do both sides. Boat has about 260 hours on it.
Attached Images

Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-01-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
We had this same thing happen with ours. What type of engine do you have? We were told that it was most likely running lean on that side due to possible clogged fuel injectors.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       06-02-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
It's a monsoon and I've had zero issues with the engine. My guess is it's related to the extra heat generated by the cats. Both sides were burned in the identical places, so I don't think it is injectors. I would check the other side on yours as well (3 and 9 o'clock positions looking into the exhasut from the top. It wouldn't have been long until I had water leaking from the other side. $20 of hose and about 25 minutes to fix.