Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Hansvr)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2013, 4:42 AM Reply   
Hello,

i am Hans and my english is bad sorry, and i got a question about the sizes for the wakeboards.
5'9
143 lbs
i was thinking i need a 138 or 142 size board. http://www.jobesports.com/products/w...austin-series/

Or is that to long for me?
i am 16 years old and not a expert and not a beginner.

Sorry for bad english...

Hans
Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
I weigh 148lb and ride a 143. Anywhere between 138 and 143 will probably do you. I used to ride a 139 before my 143. You get more pop from a bigger board, but bigger is not always necessarily best, without good technique a bigger board may be more difficult to control. The other features on the board are arguably just as important as size. What type of rocker does it have and do you want? Progressive, subtle 3 stage, aggressive 3 stage etc. What is the fin set up? If I was you, if possible try and ride a couple of boards before deciding. Even if you can't try the board you want before buying it, which I know can be difficult in Europe, if you can ride a few friend's boards that will give you an idea of what different sizes/rockers etc feel like and guide you towards your eventual choice of board. Hope that helps!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-23-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
I would probably recommend the smaller board.. At 5'9 and 140ish, a 142 board is a lot of deck for you to handle. Not impossible by any means, but I just think you'll be more comfortable in a smaller board. That 138 is going to be nice as it'll be a bit lighter of a swing weight and you won't have to maneuver those extra 4 cm of board, and it will be skinnier width-wise as well. Same as Schuey above, I'm about 150, and 6ft. I jump between a few boards ranging from 136 to 142, so it is really all personal preference. Like stated above, try some other boards and get a feel for things if that's an option for you! Best of luck, hope you find what you're looking for!