Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Have had boats for over 30 years but do not know much about v drives wakeboard boats etc. Oldest son 12 likes to ski youngest 10 likes to wakeboard!! Need a good used boat to suit both. Any advice would be helpfull!! Kevin
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
what is your budget... PM me!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Kevin, is there a budget? How serious are either of them about skiing or wakeboarding? You're welcome to come out with us and try a couple this spring. We are in the Oconomowoc area and have access to a few things to try.

I think you need to figure out what you want to spend and what size boat you want. From there you will have narrowed your choices quite a bit. Where are you located? You may be limited by dealers and/or used inventory in the area too.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-15-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
check out Redline Watersports in Madison, they always have a bunch of great used boats, right now some maristars, and older x-2's... all in the mid 20's to mid 30's
http://www.redlinewatersports.com/pre_owned_list.asp

we found ours on craigslist from the MLPS part, usually lots of stuff there

I would help more but im in Florida for the next three months !!!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
the milwaukee boat show at state fair park is about ready to start, I think this coming weekend. That's a perfect time to crawl in and out of all of them, narrow your choices a bit. If you hit the Tinus Marine Malibu spot, tell Austin that Brooke told you to talk to him. He'll take good care of you.
Old     (indykc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your replies so far! To answer some of your questions;yes I will be going to the Milw. boat show, we spend alot of time on the water have cottage on lake and kids cant get enough!!! So I am thinking I dont need a bigger boat since we dont launch it and spend the day on it,19-21ft. maybe? and as far as price?? $20k??? less is always better but I know you get what you pay for!! I have always found great used low hour boats and saved some $$$$ How many hours do you get out of a inboard boat? I have seen some used w/ 650 hours and as little as 50!!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
the hours you get are directly proportional to how well the previous owner kept the boat up! There are boats with 600+ hours that you'd think are new and will run another 600 and there are ones with 50 hours I wouldn't touch.

You can get yourself into a good used, direct drive or possibly a v-drive but will need to add ballast and probably a tower for $20k. do some searching as you aren't the only person in this price range looking. Dig through the classifieds (not just in our area) and see what other boats go for and what is included in that price range.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
OH and tell Austin from Tinus Marine what your budget is, he knows of people in the area who are trading in or looking to sell too!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-15-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
look moomba, most bang for the buck for sure
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-15-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
Bump up to 25 and you should be able to buy a nice Super Sport, which is the same as the coveted Super Air Nautique all set up and ready to go.

30k opens the door to nice vdrive bu's supras, mc's etc.

In my eyes if you are on a budget you can't go wrong with a used supersport.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-15-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
you can ride behind my 02 Xstar if you want sometime?

kal
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-16-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
If you ski and board then I would choose an I drive. Malibu makes a real nice I drive with great seating and comes with ballast and has the wedge so as your kids start geting more confident you can have a nice wake that they will be plenty happy with when boarding but then u can also have a great mellow ski wake as well.

Tiges are also very nice family boats and you could pick up a nice one cheap. They have the taps plate which makes them very good sking boats and for young riders the wake will be plenty for you. As your kids grow just throw in some ballast sacks and you will have a great wake to go big.

It sounds like any boat will work for you and there are alot of boats out there for the 20's just look around and check them out close and I think you will be happy.