Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-02-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
i have heard that if you put your bindings on in a tub of warm water it will soften them up to fit your foot, therefore making them easier to get into, does this really work? and are there any other methods?
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-02-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
Yeah It does work it softens up the rubber on the binding making it easier to get into !

At the Nor+Cal Boat show HYPERLITE had big "rice cookers" that they would put the bindings in before customers would try them on!

Late
Zach
Old    jose23            04-03-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Hi, just bought O´Brien Ion bindings - they are insane to get into the first time ! I have heard after putting a big bottle of water into the bindings for a week the entry should become easier - what´s your opinion ? true/false , bad for the material ? thx!
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
rice cookers?
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-03-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
Yeah Like a big crock pot/rice cooker metal tub like bin thing with h`ot water!
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
i gotcha
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-03-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
I just bought a L/F Trip 138 on ebay, I tried to get into the bindings for like 20 minutes in the bathtub the other night and I could'nt do it. I forget what bindings they are I would have to go look, they are red in color.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
if they have no laces or anything they are probably ultra suctions, are you saying that the bath tub thing doesnt work? did you use warm/hot water?
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-04-2005, 4:50 PM Reply   
bump?
Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-04-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
i bet they are ultras a whole lot of people rode trips with ultras, ya dont use cokes cans for stretching your bindings, my friend did that and it totally popped the can, talk about sticky, but i dont think the warm water thing helps eighter, and i also belive if you are riding in cold water it kinda makes them shrink. tell me if im wrong would that really happen it seems like it does.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-06-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
i'm not sure, if you don't think that works, then what does?