Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    260searay            02-15-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have a 26 sea ray with a cuddy so it isnt really a wakeboard boat but it has a 454 so plenty of power. Does a tower really make that big a difference? I dont have one and my boat is the only boat i have ridden on so i dont know what the bonus's would be in having one. Also my wake sucks i was trying to ride at 18mph and it just seemed like a mile wide and white wash. the boat weighs 4500 so its not too light. I have trim tabs... would it clean up the wake to maybe speed up more and run the tabs down to get the bow burried?
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-15-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
Try speeding up to about to at least 21.5 to 23 mph. If you watch the wake shape and when the whitewash disspates then that will be a good speed for your boat. the trim tabs are nice for cleaning up the wake if the weight from side to side is uneven,also you can try bringing the i/o
drive up alittle. Tilt up on your motor trim that is. That will also steepen up the wake a little, but does affect on how the boat handles in turns. Just experiment with it, but 18 mph is def. too slow. Good luck and have fun... Oyea, as far as thr tower question, see if tou can catch a ride with someone who has one, then you can judge for yourself.. but yes they do make a difference..

(Message edited by big x-star on February 15, 2005)