Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (markster)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
I just got a new video camera, so i need to sell this one.
It was bought in 2000 and is a Sony PC100. Excellent camera for shooting wakeboarding movies among other things. Its got a lot of accessories too:
1.) External Microphone (sony)
2.) Wide Angle lense
3.) Leather Carry case
4.) Ewa Marine Waterproof housing
5.) 3 batteries
6.) Standard accessories: charger, memory stick, picture editing software.

the total package new would cost over $2000, and all of the equipment is in excellent condition.
camera statistics:
Format:
MiniDV
Resolution:
1,070,000 pixels
CCD:
1/4 inch
Viewfinder:
Colour
LCD screen:
2.5 inch
880x 228 pixels
Optical zoom:
10x
Digital zoom:
40x
FireWire:
In / Out
Composite:
In / Out
S-Video:
In / Out
Audio:
In / Out

price: $825
e mail for mor information
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-08-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good deal! you'd probably get more for it on Ebay!
Old     (markster)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I figured that i would offer it up for people on this site first because its set up for wakeboarding filming.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-10-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
Paging "Ben Dover, Ben Dover..."

Nice set up, I have the PC101 - Do you happen to have a pic of the Ewa Marine Waterproof housing? and would you consider selling just the housing?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-10-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Kung,

I don't want to beat Ben out of a sale but have you checked out the Sony WP housing for these cams? They are not sold in the US but can be had off Ebay or intl sites. They are very compact and offer start/stop/power/zoom control as well as a foldout viewer. We used it with a PC101 for all our chase shots in Delta Sessions. They are very light and easy to handle. As soon as I get mine back from Brian I'll post pics of it. got it on Ebay for $255.00.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-10-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
Thanks Rich,

Are you talking about these housings? Because I'm looking for both my pc101 and trv900.

Sony-SPK-PC4

Sony SPK-DVF4
Old     (markster)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
I don't have a pic of just the housing. I would like to see if i could sell the whole thing as a package first. then i would consider selling it apart from the camera.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-11-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yep, that's the ticket, I have the PC4. they come with 3 adaptor plates so any of the Sony cams in that form factor can be used. They're only listed as waterproof down to 3 meters but obviuously are fine for shooting wakeboarding. You reverse your LCD, fold that black rectangular protrusion out which becomes your viewfinder. Much easier to shoot with than a bag type housing.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-12-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ben - no worries, totally understand.

Rich - Is there enough room between the camera and the glass to attach a wide angle lens? I just borrowed Delta Session from a buddy, so I'll check out the chase shots!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
Not that I can see, there's a space but it's minimal. However that could change from camera model to camera model. I think one could possibly modify the sled to move the unit back a bit too. The lens port appears to have a big enough diameter to accomodate a WA. The best feature of this setup though is it's size and weight. It's so small and lite the fatigue factor in minimal.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-12-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Just one more question and thanks for hanging with me on this one. Do you think you could squeeze a WA that's 3/8" thick in there. I would just hate to spend the $$$ on this and find out that it won't work. =(

This is the lens I have (super small only 9.4 mm (3/8") thick - non zoom-through)
http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/dv/55x_wa/55x_37mm.htm

Thanks!

Where about in SC do you live? I used to live at the end of 41st, by the hook back in 1993.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
I think I had a filter on mine but I really can't check it right now for you because I don't have it. It depends on which cam you have too, some are bigger than others and using a different sled might allow for that room but I wouldn't count on it!

I'm in Aptos about a mile up Trout gulch.