Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-09-2004, 9:22 PM Reply   
I have a Caddy 142, and I like it but I always feel like the board wants to go switch on me. Maybe I am not on the edge enough. I was wondering if this might be due to the lack of a center fin, it just has 4 molded fins. How would a Ricky G feel, since I beleive it has a removable center fin system. Is it a much faster board than the Caddy, how does it compare on pop and landings.

Thanks for your help!
dg
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-09-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
im getting one in the mail this week. I will let you know after this weekend. I would think the caddy would do you fine and maybe you are riding it properly. Normally boards without a center fin have to be ridden on its edge right. I have ridden all of my boards without a center fin. Its preference, but it takes a little to get used to.
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-09-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
isnt hte caddy pretty flat on the bottom? ie no rails?
Old     (crazy55)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Yeah the caddy is pretty much flat on the bottom, and i found you have to ride it pretty tail heavy to get a lot of speed out of the board. I really like the board, but now that the ricky g comes in a 142 i mite have to pick one up.
Old    slidervinny            08-10-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
just bend your knees more and keep more weight on the rail and back of board ,been riding that mold for 4 years now.