Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-06-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Need some info. Going to Shasta next week. Motoring outta Sugarloaf Marina. We've never been in the Sac Arm. How's the riding? Where's the spots to go or stay clear of? Anyone know the water/air temps?
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-06-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Ride early and late. Was just up there last week out of sugarloaf on a houseboat. Middle of the day sucks,but if you can get on the water between 6-10am the water should be really good. Any other questions feel free to email me.

Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I been out there everyday for 3 weeks and there isnt alot of people out here at all. The riding is great you can find a spot most anywhere you go. Try Pit River or the arm your gonna be launching at. However Sugarloaf resort is a bad resort to launch out of. If you can lanuch at bridge bay resort (right off the 5) or try Holiday Harbor.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-06-2004, 3:29 PM Reply   
RyanI was on the water 24/7 for a week on a houseboat and the water gets pretty crappy after 11. Maybe the pit arm is a different story, but up towards sugar loaf it was either blown out or would have roller after roller. There was a lot of boat traffic during the day.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Yeah some sections of Shasta suck, you cant get clear water no matter what. Thats why I told him to head over to Pit in the back coves cause you always get great water there no matter what. Sorry you had a time mike but you where probably in a bad spot you should of parked your house boat somewhere else thou, or explored a little more cause I know if you go up the Mcloud Arm your'll find some nice riding spots also.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-07-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
I went out of Sugarloaf last week on a Odyssey houseboat. The water near Sugarloaf isn't great in the afternoons because of wind and yahoo boaters. We spent a day in the Big Backbone area with some luck until day-rental boaters (from Digger bay)came along with inner tubes. These people were worse than Jet Skiiers! The best day we had was up on the McCloud and Pit Arms. McCloud was wind protected, and Pit is narrow and dissipates chop well. The Air was in the mid 90's and the water in the mid 70's. For good up to date info go to http://www.shastalake.com/
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Flack - We're also on the Ody. How long did it take you to get to McCloud from Sugarloaf. I know the areas east of the bridge pretty well and am going to steer the rig over there. Wish we were going out of Jones. Oh Well.....can't complain too much another week in Shasta will be nice. Thanks for all the info.
Old    mr_mutt            07-07-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
We were out on a houseboat trip about 3 weeks ago. Took two Odyssey's out of Jones. Out just up the channel and west of Jones is Ski Island. Pretty good place to park the boats, and when the main area get's traffic you can still get decent water. I agree, early morning and later in the afternoon is best, though we were still able to find good water during the day. It was GLASS in the later PM right before sundown, and in the AM too. Also up that finger towards Holiday/Lakeview Marina can be pretty cool, though when we were out there were two shallow/exposed spots you had to be careful with.
Old    sonicr1            07-07-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
I usually spend my time up the pit... sort of reminds me of the Delta--sort of narrow, disapates the wakes so the water is usually pretty calm, and sheltered from the wind. This weekend we found a pretty good sized cove up the Sacramento arm, between Shasta Marina and Packers, but it was a rare find. And who knows how long it will be there, as much water as they are letting out.

Oh, yeah, this weekend it was in the 100's and the water temp was 78... like a nice warm pool!!!

(Message edited by sonicr1 on July 07, 2004)
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-07-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Noti Dad - Plan on about a 3 hour cruise in the houseboat(where's Gilligan?) to a good spot on McCloud. I suggest going to any area far enough away from Bridge Bay and/or Digger Bay. The rental boats from these marinas seemed to be the worst educated boaters on the lake. I also learned that at Sugarloaf, if you get there around 10:30 for your houseboat, you won't get on board any earlier. You will, however get placed first in line for your rental. PM me if you have any questions on the experience. We had a great time, and I will re-rent from the same company next time out.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-07-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
Squaw or Pit. All day long. Nuff said.
Old    hyperlitegrl            07-07-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
MCCLOUD, there is a verry nice spot you should be able to find. Its deep in the arm and its a very quiet spot! Iv'e been there twice!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
notidad,
We will see you there, maybe even on the way down. We are leaving Portland super early Saturday morning, picking up our houseboat at Bridge Bay, and heading up the Sacramento Arm.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2004, 2:30 AM Reply   
I came off the lake today and it was like a ghost town. The water was perfect and the tempature here in around the 90's, it sure beats the 100's.