Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-03-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
Bare foot Ski Ranch(BSR) announced yesterday that they will be renting out there newly purchased G23. Four people for a $110.00 an hour split four ways is not bad at all.

Facebook:

BSR is now renting out our Nautique G23. We will be wakeboarding and wake surfing on the Brazos River and our private lake at BSR. Prices are $110 per hour, $420 for half day (4hrs), $800 for full day (8hrs). We provide driver and gas. Call Derry to schedule.
661-212-0032
derrymalloy@yahoo.com
Share for a chance to win 2 hours free on the G23 for 4 people.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-03-2013, 2:27 PM Reply   
That's a sweet deal. Truthfully, I'm surprised they can make money at $110 an hour, especially with $4 gas.
Old     (Cardi)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-03-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillywakeboarder View Post
That's a sweet deal. Truthfully, I'm surprised they can make money at $110 an hour, especially with $4 gas.
I was thinking the same thing. Wish we had this opportunity in PA!
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-03-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
im betting it's per person not for the whole boat
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-03-2013, 3:18 PM Reply   
$110 for an hour is cheap if that is the case. $150-175 around here in FL
Old     (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-03-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
they put out a feeler poll earlier this week and were actually looking to start at $90.00 an hour and most of their responce was that was too cheap.

We love our 22' Tige but we are planning on setting up a half day trip with a couple of friends just to see what all the hype is about.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-06-2013, 4:22 AM Reply   
Anyone know if you have to reserve in advance? Im going to BSR for a weekend in Sep and guess I should call to reserve this bad boy now?

How big is their ski lake? big enough / deep enough to use this thing?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-06-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
Interesting...

If I drive - I'll rent my boat for $100/hr no matter how many of you want to pile in...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
We went there this past weekend and a buddy of mine took a set behind it. He paid $55 for himself, wasn't sure how if that was just one set or two. They ride on the Brazos river which is about 15-20 minutes away from the actual park.

Just a side note, that cable park is by far the best in the U.S. (I have been to TSR, OWC and Hydrous)The owners have that place figured out really well, we rented a cabin with a big crew and the families and everyone had a blast. My kids had a blast on the beach and the lake with the inflatable islands.
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       08-06-2013, 12:04 PM Reply   
That is cheep. There is no way I would rent out my G23 for that!!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
From what I read on their Facebook page is that they aren't really in it to make money (they have a roofing business for that) but more so for brining something to Central Texas and touching peoples lives. Interpret that as you will, just passing a long what I read. I have no issues dropping cash there though!
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-07-2013, 5:32 PM Reply   
I'd rent my G23 out for that per hour/day with driver included. No way without driver (me) included. But as long as I was there and basic rules were laid down in advance I'd enjoy driving and teaching others and seeing them have a good time. I invite virtual strangers onto my boat and get anywhere between $0 and $20 from them and they consume at least that much in fuel.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
The G23 has a awesome wake both boarding and surfing.Although it's a little thirsty on the fuel side.If you can afford one you can afford the fuel.LOL
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-08-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
Dusty - ive seen a lot of your posts and I'd lvoe to get a set. Im sure ill ride the dealers soon but if you are ever as far south as houston (or even the trinity in huntsville) im down for a set! ive always been the same way - always happy to take other riders. fun riding with new people (and old friends - not to diss on my crew or anything.)

We are renting cabins and doing a large group BSR weekend so i thought id be fun to surf the g23 some (since im sure we;ll be worn out from the cable all weekend)
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-08-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Dusty- I see you're out by Bridgeport. My buddy has a G23 on Lewisville and we were thinking about heading that way one of these weekends. Where do you recommend? Bridgeport, West Fork of the Trinity?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
Not sure what Dusty thinks but everything I have seen recently says Bridgeport is very low right now worse than most of the local lakes. Every time I am on Lewi I see another new G23 it is kinda crazy.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-08-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
Yeah, I figured it would be low.. Man you're not kidding about all these new G's popping up on. Buxton Marine is making a killing.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
Buxton has to be doing well. I have seen at least 5 maybe 6 G's on Lewisville so far. And to this point not one pulling a tube.
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-08-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
@Andrew - We don't travel much/often out of our area, no point really. People in the Houston area tell me the lakes aren't very good. My friend has a brand new Moomba, works in Houston but is from here. He keeps an apartment here along with his boat and comes here every weekend to wakeboard...not because that's where his buddies are but because he hates Houston lakes that much. I personally have no experience, just what I've heard from 3 different people. And really unless we're going to somewhere really awesome there's no reason to spend hours driving instead of shredding. You're more than welcome on my boat but you'll have to make the trip.

@Nauti210 - Bridgeport is 19 feet low as Mark mentioned. I have a lake house with a dried up dock so I'm super frustrated. There's only one place to put in for the entire lake, and you must have a 4WD to do it. You'd be putting in at Wise County Park and backing into basically packed sand. Our 4WD Tundra pulls out the G23 no problem, and the G sits deeper than any boat out there. So if we can handle it, anyone can. We put in and take out every Sat/Sun and its no problem. The rumor is that its too low and most people don't try it. Bridgeport is never "busy" but this summer its really slow, which makes it even more awesome. There's no boats coming out to just float and drink and pull their kids on a tube after they're drunk this year...they are going to other lakes. Where we wakeboard still has 15-20ft despite being 19ft low.

If you decide to check it out on a weekend hit me up in advance. There's one tiny sandbar (actually much smaller than a sandbar) at WCP you need to know about before backing in, so walk out past the ramp first and you'll find it about 30 feet out.

If everything I've said doesn't scare you, Bridgeport is where its at. I hate even typing that because I'd rather remain a secret. There's 3 G23's on Bridgeport and 1 G25. All of us have lake houses, but the other 3 still have water under theirs so I'm jealous. One of the G23's has only been out once, the other 2 surf or float and never board. No other G, 2013 Mastercraft, or any other new boats have shown up this summer because everyone is afraid of how low the water is.

@Mark / Nauti - Phil told me hold many they've sold as of about 1 month ago, as well as 210/230. Let's just say they aren't hurting, but they are definitely putting a pinch on some other brands/dealers. I'm thrilled to be a Nautique owner simply because Phil, Michelle, and everyone at Buxton is AMAZING. They aren't the definition of what a dealer should be, they are above even that. What they've done for us already on just my 1st purchase already defies logic, good business sense, and anything else you "should" do. They are the most deserving people to be successful with how they treat everyone.
I pull a tube but only when someone has a GoPro attached to a GoPro.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-09-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Dusty. Sounds like we are in the same boat (pun intended). My lake is 12ft low and has a few deadly sandbars and I also have a lake house with a dock completely out of the water, so I feel your pain there. My water level fluctuates so much every year that you have to get used to sketchy ramps and sandbars if you want to ride, so you haven't scared me off. I have a 4WD drive truck and and 02 SANTE which should be a breeze to get in and out of the water compared to your G. I'll definitely send you a message when we head out there and would certainly appreciate any advice on the lake. I've never been on Bridgeport before, just passed over it a lot on 380 heading out to my ranch. If you're in town when we are up there feel free to come on out and join us for a brew.

You are correct sir. Phil, Michelle and the whole gang up there at Buxton are top notch. They really are the definition of what a dealer should be. I've been doing business with them for the last 11 years since I bought my boat, and i'll be buying another from them in the near (but not near enough) future.
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-09-2013, 11:58 AM Reply   
We have been 15ft low the last 2 years (by the end of the summer). But started 0-5ft low and just got no rain so it dropped and dropped between evap and what Tarrant Water District just takes at their whim. Gotta keep those Fort Worth lawns green ya know. At 19ft low its definitely become interesting. Sounds like you'll be fine getting in/out and I'd be happy to show you the ropes of Bridgeport. If I can't be there I'll explain where to go and show you a map. If you / y'all want to take a set on the G you're more than welcome to. If you come on a Sat/Sun there's a 95%+ chance we're going to be out there. No where else I care to spend my weekends in the Texas heat.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-09-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
You're the man. I'll have to take you up on that. Thanks again Dusty.