Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have a small tear on my back bench seat that I would like to repair before my kids make it a large tear on my back bench seat. Can anyone recommend a kit that is easy to use?

dg
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
If it is a very small tear, you can prevent it from splitting further with super glue. Of course it is not a patch, just a stop gap measure.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
I would say the tear is about the size of a penny.

dg
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-30-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
If you put the super glue at the ends of the tear you should stop it from splitting further but for that size you probably will not be able to 'seam' it and will still have a visible tear.

I have never had much success with vinyl patch kits and curious to see what others chime in with.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
I haven't used a kit, I have called Dr. Vinyl a couple times. They have done excellent work for about $75 or the minumum fee. They come to my house or go the local marinas frequently.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-30-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
I had a spot repaired on our by Vinyl Doctor and you can tell where it was patched. He matched the color dead on, but had a hard time stamping the pattern because of the foam padding. It only cost $50 and we were able to use our boat for the rest of the summer. New skin cost us $350. Our tear was about the size of a silver dollar. I would recommend the Repair Kit for temporary fixes but you will be able to tell it has been repaired.
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
Just had a guy out from creative colors here in PHx and he did a great job fixing a few nics and a small tear. can't even tell. He rocks.
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-30-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
http://www.tear-aid.com/

this stuff worked for me
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-30-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Jon0,

How many patches did you buy, what size did you get?

dg
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-01-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
there used to be a local guy that would just cut me what i want off a roll. he's gone, and i'm going with this place now
http://www.cabelas.com/spodw-1/0028443.shtml
i've got a hot tub cover i want to get a few more year's use out of.