Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (baja)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
Thanks to Aki (Gramps) & Laura, Paul (Andre), Laureen & Lexie for making the lake an enjoyable time even though the boarding conditions were less than desirable. This was the first time we have gotten together to do some wake surfing and we had all agreed it wont be our last, it was a blast. Here are a few pictures of us surfing as well as Aki attempting to teak surf (the safer method). Sorry Laureen, didn’t get any of your shots because I had to drive and Andre was to busy complaining about having to surf back side to take some pictures.

Andre
Andre1
Andre2
Andre3
Laura
Laura1
Aki
Aki1
Dave
swimstep
swimstep1
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2003, 10:10 PM Reply   
looks like the swim step works better when it's attached to the boat!

That wake is huge. It's up to Gigante's knees which is about 6'!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
Nice looking surf wake!
Looks like you could use a little more board though Andre ;->
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-12-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Fun fun fun in the sun. Which board are you guys using?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-12-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
what boat were yall using? and what was your weight setup that day? that wake was definitely huge!!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
Bobo, thanks again for one of the best times I've had on the water in a long time. Forgot how fun it can be just hanging on the boat with friends, laughing at each other, sipping on a brew or two, and enjoying the mid-day weather.

David, I was definitely pushing the limits with this board, the 5'6". I'm 6'7", 265 lbs. I had to spend a lot of time trimming the board in order to keep it in the sweet spot, which you have to do entirely by feel when your so-called friends make you ride backside. Anyway, thanks to the huge wake I was able to have a lot of fun and ride for relatively long stretches.

Bobo learned a lot of lessons that morning. 1) If you don't put the pins back in for the swim step, it will eventually float away. 2) If you don't connect the hose to the bags in the auto-ballast after you have so-called "improved" it, the bags will not fill.

Andy, that was the Landlock 5'6".
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-12-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
What kind of boat is that?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-12-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Tige 21V
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-12-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
God, I thought those knees was a Hairy Butt! Oh, I see now, they belong to Paul and my,my,my, what a nice wake you put out!:-)
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
LOL Paula.

Is it me, or does the can I'm holding in the second Laura pic look a little small. It looks like an Aki-can.