Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-15-2008, 8:44 PM Reply   
looking to trade in my old boat. How is the 220? and the newer 210. Looking for a 2004 210 pop with a newer boat. I am still leaning towards the vlx but I want to make sure that I try everything out there
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
IMO the 220's wake is pretty similar in character to the old 210, at least much more so than the new 210. I am not fan of the 220 in general it is a super finicky boat to keep weighted right. The new 210 is much more like the VLX than any nauti previous.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Epic is the old 210 wake on roids... maybe wortha look
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-15-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
sorry for the hijack, anybody have any good suggestions for weighting the new 220? buddy of mine has one and wants a little more out of it over stock.
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-15-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
I agree with Nick, the epic's wake is absolutely massive. It was literally half the height of some of the kids at the last CLWC contest.
Old     (abangku)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-15-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
I love my 220 wake. Never was a fan of the trough on the old 210s and the 220 doesn't have that. Coming from a 2002 210, the wake is much more mellow, and you can take everything out to the flats a lot easier IMO.
As far as weight, we usually just use the stock ballast and an average of 150 lbs. sittin in every seat. Load those rear-facing seats with some curvy wakebabes and the only thing you'll worry about adding extra weight to is your belly. :-)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-15-2008, 11:27 PM Reply   
I thought the 220 wake, stock, with 2 other people on board was perfectly fine for me. Actually, I've never liked a wake more! Another time there were 9 people in the same boat and I didn't dig it as much.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-16-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
Avalanche C4 has a pretty steep wake.

Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
I have an 06 220 an love the wake. I use just stock ballast with an extra 500# in the nose though i am still a begginner.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
The 220 wake really is finicky as said above. One side always seems washed out. Great boat to load up with tons of people though and the shape is so nice! Reaching the flats is NOOO problem and the signature Nautique pop at the top is there for sure.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-16-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
The 220 is a has a deep V hull that gives you a smooth ride in rough water and it does not take alot of weight to create large wakes for wakeboarding and that saves gas $$$ money. I like the 220 wake because you can have a huge pro-tournament wake with stock ballast and 6-8 people. My set-up is 3 people, 2 in the boat, 1 wakeboarding with 800 lbs weight distributed in the boat as (you do not want it all in the nose or all in the rear). I put most of the weight in the SKI locker as that it lowers the center of gravity of the boat and keeps the wake consistent.
Old     (boarderkruer)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-16-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
The 220 is a has a deep V hull that gives you a smooth ride in rough water and it does not take alot of weight to create large wakes for wakeboarding and that saves gas $$$ money. I like the 220 wake because you can have a huge pro-tournament wake with stock ballast and 6-8 people. My set-up is 3 people, 2 in the boat, 1 wakeboarding with 800 lbs weight distributed in the boat as (you do not want it all in the nose or all in the rear). I put most of the weight in the SKI locker as that it lowers the center of gravity of the boat and keeps the wake consistent.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-16-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
i loved the new 210 wake. thought it had all the pop of the old one without the trough. it was jus stock and i raley cut into it once and got booted, definately wasnt expecting it from a stock wake
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
We were ridding the 08 210 with about 1200 in extra ballast all through out the boat. The wake is one of my favorites to date and I am a big fan of the og 210 wake and other steep wakes. The new 210 doesn't have the trough but doesn't loose the nice lip either, especially with extra weight.

The 220 is very picky with people moving in the boat and we have had trouble even with a good crew that doesn't move around much and using pop bags. For some reason the 2 that I have put good time behind both are always heavy on the starboard side. The seating lay out isn't as nice as the 08 210 IMO. It is a great boat though.

I think that if you like the og 210 wake then you might have some getting used to to do when you get behind a vlx cause the wake is much more mellow unless you add a lot of weight or have some weight and the wedge, even still the wake won't get as steep.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-20-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
The SAN 220 is definitely the most finicky boat around as far as weighting goes. This boat can be over loaded, but the good thing is, it throws a pretty solid sized wake with very little weight.

The best way to weight this boat for normal usage is, 4 people in the boat (with one person riding, all four people in the boat sitting behind the windshield), 400 - 600 lbs extra in the bow. Only the ski locker factory ballast tank full (leave the rear tanks empty), and add side sacks under the rear seats, scooted up as far forward as possible...

Basically, the 220 can be easily over weighted in the stern. This boat likes a lot of center and forward weight. If you weight the back too much, you'll either find the wake curling over on you, or you'll be hauling at like 26+ mph.