Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-14-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
My friend wants to add Perfect Pass to his boat. Who has the best prices and can he buy a used one. Is there other alternatives other than Perfect Pass?
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-16-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
There isn't really a used market for these I'm afraid, you'll likely need to buy new.

Price vary depending on what system you go with.. I'd advise the Wakeboard Pro but whatever his budget will allow for.

There are alternatives but none that'd be any good for that boat.

Take a read through perfectpass.com
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-16-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
I see people trying to get PerfectPass cheap all the time. I was one of them. Luckily I found someone selling a system cheap so I bought it from them, but before i bought it i did a little research and found that you could buy the PP upgrade kit which included the display, Paddlewheel, and computer. Then you could buy the servo motor and other items to complete the system seperately. I remember the total came out to be about $700.00 I asked a couple shops to see if i was missing any items when i priced it out and they said that I hadn't. They couldn't believe it. I found the upgrade kit for $550.00 here http://www.schnitzskis.com/perfectpass.html and i think the servo motor and accessories straight from PP were an additional $150.00

(Message edited by ldr on November 16, 2007)
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-16-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I bought mine for $600 total. My dealer sold me a used module, display, and cables for $500. I bought the servo motor and cable directly from Perfect Pass for $100. My boat already had the paddle wheel standard, so I was set.

The deals are hard to find, but if you do enough calling around you can find one. A good tip.... when you call around to dealers looking for used components, speak with the service department first. They know what parts they have laying around and they can ask the sales manager/owner to give you a price.

The downside to buying used may be a lack of warranty, but Perfect Pass has such outstanding service that they will fix any defective components for you regardless of where you purchased them, as long as you pay to ship it back to them.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-17-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
This perfect pass is for a friend that has an inboard outboard. I believe there is a different Perfect Pass for I/O.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       11-19-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
"I believe there is a different Perfect Pass for I/O." - Nope, same unit.

You have to ensure you get the right unit for your engine but other than that they're all fundamentally the same :-)