Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (jaredther6er)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-13-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
On my bass boat, I have these little ears w/ a water hose hook up that I put on the intake so I can run the motor for maintenance reasons. I just bought my first wakeboard boat w/ an inboard engine. What do you guys use to run your engine while out of water? Thanks for the help
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-13-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
flush pro. You just cut the line, install, and hook a water hose up to it. Check your size (1 or 1.25). I had a fake a lake, which suction cups to the intake under the boat, but I was always scared that it would fall off while I was in the boat.
http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DP6
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
you can also just on hook the line from the pick up and stick the garden hose right into the line. thats what I do.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-13-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
An inboard motor will pull more water than the hose will supply at anything over an idle and collapse the garden hose.
I stick the end of the intake hose and garden hose in the bucket and can watch and make sure that I am not starving the motor.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-13-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Even if you do starve the motor as long as it is not over heating you are fine for short periods of time. Just keep it at idle with a few revs.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Jared,
Pick up the Perko Flush Pro and you will be all set. I have been using one for years and the results are great.

Disregard the collapsing hose scare, this is only situational. I have never had a hose collapse on me while running the boat in or out of water with the Flush Pro at varying levels of RPM's, but I also have great water pressure. Your results will vary though. Keep the RPM's low and continually watch the temp gauge for safety.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
The perko flush pro looks nice. Instead of spending $50, you could make something similar too. Someone had a photo of one they made that looked pretty sweet. Maybe they'll post it here again.
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-13-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
I bought one of the flush kits with a thru hull fitting for the back of the boat, but I am petrified to install it on our brand new boat. Anyone installed one of these before?

Upload
Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
I attach the pic below to the inlet side of the v-drive. As Jon said you must limit the speed so that you don't suck the hose dry. Usually 12-1500 rpm. Not as easy as the flush pro but cost less and much better and easier than a fake-a-lake plunger under the boat. Upload
Old     (jaredther6er)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-13-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I really appreciate the help. Thanks
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
I just pull the hose on my v drive and stick the garden hose in the end. Takes about 15 seconds and cost nothing. Used to do the same on my direct drive except that was the hose for the trans cooler.

I don't know why people bother with the fake a lakes. Who wants to craw under the trailer when they can just pull a hose?
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
i did the same as george, slightly different design. go to home depot and grab whatever adapters they have (plumbing, sewer, sprinkler systems, whatever) that will take you from a standard hose connection to a felxible rubber piece that you can slip a radiator clamp over to tighten down on your tranny cooler or v-drive. add a cut-off valve so you can control the flow right there if you can.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/salty87/HoseBoat.jpg[/IMG]