Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-20-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
Bought this light bar and want these lights?? How can I mount them now? Just wasnt paying that much attention on the bar. HELP! Jet
Attached Images

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-20-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Fashion up a couple "L" brackets that you can attatch to the the top of the light bracket back to back. Leave enough space to slip the light bar bracket in between and bolt em up.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-20-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
Yeah or some sort of T bracket that will let you bolt it through, instead of running wires through the bar itself i bought some metallic duct tape from wal mart for mine. its also a diywake lightbar

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-23-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Thanks Sparky. I needed some help. I was pissed off when I went to put it together and they didnt match up. I am designing a Z5 type bimini also at the same time as the light bar and Im under the gun for 2 boat trips coming up next weekend and the weekend after so I was STRESSED! got some small l-brackets but then found out the light bar clamps are to close together for my toxer so Im haveing to do some grinding now. #*&#!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-23-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Huh really? They look like they would sit next to each other in that pic...
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-23-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
well if you need a quick fix you can get the lights that I use at wal-mart for like 17 bucks a pair, the 5 i have on my tower lights up the entire boat no problem, just leave the boat running or your battery will be shot within 10 mins.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-25-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
Yeah that's wear i got mine from. I got the low profile versions, I think they are the ones Monster uses, it also comes with a remote to turn on and off by key pad?? Not sure weather to use that are not?? What kind of tape did you use? A/C tape? But that has some black on the shiny part. Jet

http://shopcustomcreations.com/Recta...prod-1174.html
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-26-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
go to the duct tape area at wal mart, they should have the chrome version, thats what i used.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-26-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Getting close.. Not real happy with the DIYWakes light bar. It has some cosmetic or (Im to lazy to really make it look nice) bad craftsmanship and the last light holder was welded on cr@@ked, I had to bend the light hardware to make it level. Of course Its the last hole before I noticed it, so I have done so much work on it that I dont want to send it back and wait 1-2 wks to get another. More to come. Jet
Attached Images