Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-05-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
Was thinking of getting a new set-up and can get a good deal on a 2010 Faction...How does it ride? Pros? Cons?

Also...was thinking of getting 2010 Answers for Boots...or should I get Faction Boots?

I haven't bought a new board in a LONG time. I have a 2003 Parks, but never really got it dialed in consistently. Before that I had a 2002 Project. I liked that board although it lacked the pop that the parks has. I did ride a premier when I was in florida in 04 which I liked but it felt a little slow. I did like the consistency though.

Let me know...maybe if I have a new set-up...it'll make me get out and ride more! HA!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
The Faction board is pretty fantastic, it rides quick and gets great pop. The beveled edge helps it ride with a nose up position while keeping its speed.

As for the boots, there really is very little difference. I ride the Answers, the Factions have nearly an identical cut. Choose what you think looks best and go for it. I'm loving my Answers.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
i have facton boots and answer boots both new i can' t really tell much difference a little more padding in the answer boots. i had a faction board it was fast and had good pop. i have a marius now it is wider more push off the wake . check out ridecwb.com team rider robby carter he rides the faction.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-06-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Cool thanks guys!

How is the sizing on the boots? I wear 10.5-11 and have pertty wide feet...what size Bindings should I order?
Old     (radmattyd)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-06-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Answers are the softest boot.

Factions are a little stiffer.

As for size. You're right on the cusp of a Large.

Faction board is a new mold for 2010 and it's pretty sweet. I wish there was the option for smaller fins though.

Marius is tried and true. Is and will always be an awesome board
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
Get it dude, you'll love it.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       05-07-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Yea..I just posted my set-up on Craigslist...as soon as I get some cash...I'll probably be a CWB guy again...I used to ride the CWB slayer...remember that board? Was pretty fun! no channels and 2.5-3 inch fins! LOL