Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-17-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Well it's been a month to the day. I had my first visit last week and the Dr. is very impressed with how far i've come already. I have full extension and just about 90 degrees contraction. I start PT in 2 weeks. I finally got the go ahead to be able to get my leg wet so that means no more trashbag in the shower. I also got my invoice for surgery and was up around 15,000 , luckily i do have insurance. In my time of not being able to do any sports I have upgraded my computer, bought Premier and have started to do some editing of my first wake movie, it is slow and painful but i'll get it done soon. I hope to hit the backwater this weekend but if not next for sure since i should be getting my g/f's LF setup I got for her b-day in the mail Friday. So be on the look out for some videos shortly.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-17-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
Glad to hear it. Don't rush anything. So you are ready to do some driving is what you're telling me? And possibly some filming of me crashing?

You gonna come out to the next wakesports contest?
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-17-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
glad to hear you are doing so well, work hard in PT, it def pays off!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-18-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone. Hairband Dude...I'll definitely be at the next contest and maybe if i talk nice to Josh or Dave they can get me on the boat for some video I hope to have my prodege(Mike) riding in the beginner class.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
How you doing Shaun. Great to hear about your knee. Totally stoaked for you. Good luck with Premier, I hate video editing software! When you say it the backwater, I sure hope you mean being the boat driver Can't wait to see ya back out on the water rippin. Have a good one man. Get better soon.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-19-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
Randy what did you have done? I got a new ACL and they reattached my LCL July 19th. So I am 2 days behind you. I have a no weight restriction for 6 weeks. I started PT 3 days after surgery. I can't beleive you are starting PT in 2 weeks. I have full extension and 105 degrees contraction. Missed a week and a half of work. Started half days and did that for a week. Now I am pumped it is coming up on 5 weeks and hopefully loose some restrictions at the 6 week checkup. My Dr released me for water after week. At my 3 week he released me for pools or hottubs. But I still can't get him talked into letting me go into the lake water. Anway, nice to here someone elses story. }
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-19-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
I have the same quetion as badzuki. What did you have done?

I had ACL replacement and MCL repair on June 24th (exaclty 8 weeks). No weight restriction ever and have been in PT since 4 days after surgery. Been running since week 4 ... full extension pretty much since day 1 ... flexion is probably 95% of good leg. Been sprinting since week 5. Started cutting week 6. I even did a little wake surfing two weekends ago (but don't tell my doctor). Will be back on the water 14 weeks after surgery.
Old    buttacup            08-19-2004, 11:55 PM Reply   
Hey Randy- Glad to hear that you're progressing well, just go to PT when you're supposed to and you will be back on the track and water in no time! Looking forward to your video.