Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-16-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
Idk who has all heard of this yet but it sounds mighty interesting! Im curious about the format and location of where the riding is going down. The article says its at the Tampa Convention Center so im assuming cable portion at Mccormicks and the rest in out in the bay? Comps like this should squash a lot of cable/boat haters! Whos got info!?

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/red-bull-wake-open/
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-16-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nope...cable portion is not at mccormicks. Sesitec 2.0 i heard but not many logistics have been released. Details are still being worked out...but the boat portion will be held right there in the channel. The turnout we had for flugtag was amazing, one big reason theyre comin back.

Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-16-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Only thing is last time I was out there it was a NIGHTMARE. The ground was too soft to hold anyones anchor and the wind was blowing everyone all over the place. Swore I would never take my boat out to a big gathering in that spot but may have to break that promise.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-16-2012, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Only thing is last time I was out there it was a NIGHTMARE. The ground was too soft to hold anyones anchor and the wind was blowing everyone all over the place. Swore I would never take my boat out to a big gathering in that spot but may have to break that promise.
Yep!! Was there for that whole debacle. We had a 45' boat break 2 anchors loose multiple times. Strong winds & currents lol wasnt fun but hopefully itll be calmer that weekend. I saw multiple boats (8-9 tied together) slam into eachother.

Stay tuned...hopefully i'll get the low down here in the next week or two.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-17-2012, 5:37 AM Reply   
Yeah I am hoping that with it being in July we wont be fighting winds like we did at Flutag. I can't wait. With events like these I normally go out at sunrise so we can get a little riding done before the event so if ya want a pull before the event lemme know.