Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (parker07)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-28-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
Just after a bit of advice. Am looking at getting a new board, something at the intermediate level.

Was thinking about a 2007 LF Murray & proof bindings or a 2008 CWB Pure & torq bindings. What are your opinions on these boads/bindings.

Any other recommendations??

Thanks for the help.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-28-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
What are you riding now? What do you like / dislike about it?
Old     (parker07)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-28-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
Just a no-brand board, havent really tried any well known boards. Bindings werent that comfortable, board was heavy and didnt get much pop.

After something thats going to be a good all round board thats going to give a fast ride and good pop off a small wake. Bindings need to be fairly adjustable as they will be shared with another person.

Thanks agian for the help
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
Make sure you're going wake to wake and very comfortable before switching to a Murray. his boards have always leaned towards to advanced side of things. Didn't ride last years board, but I heard it catchs edge easy if you don't know what you're doin. I'd say go with the Pure and the Torqs. the white board looks sick, and I think you'll be happy with it as an intermediate!! The kink is another great board with a 3-stage!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
"Make sure you're going wake to wake and very comfortable before switching to a Murray. his boards have always leaned towards to advanced side of things"

I would actually have to disagree with that. His earlier models, like the Belmont / Motive shapes were some of the most forgiving shapes available. Fast, small rocker lines, and and simple, shallow molded fins. My wife learned to go w2w on his board.

I would agree with that statement as it applies to his recent boards.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-29-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Go grab a O'brien Natural or a Player it will change your life!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
oh wow...how do you top that?

Good one Andy
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-29-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
J-Rod, I just speak the truth.

Paul, you do know that the Murray Riders for Hyperlite right not LF?
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-29-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
The LF Watson, is an awesome board. Combined with the Watson boots, it is one of the best setups money can buy.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-29-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
I would get the Pure /Torq out of the two you mentioned.