Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-21-2013, 2:30 PM Reply   
I've got the factory front ballast in my 04 Sanger V210. It has two aerator pumps, one for fill, one for drain. When I start filling, the bag fills with water and a lot of air. If I step on it every minute or so it seems like some of the air is going out, but it's annoying (and slimey). It's hard to tell how much water is in there vs. the air. Is there a way to get rid of that? I've read about vents, does that mean I need to add another through-hull to vent the bag (in addition to the drain line?). The fill comes from under the boat (obviously) and the drain squirts out the side, above the water line.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
My 2003 v210 is a wake series edition and mine has a reversible pump and a switch. Under the nose cooler the hose comes up and back to the helm and out this is my vent. You should be able to rerout your lines so you pull through your hole and drain through it and use your now drain line as a vent. So when your full of water water will over flow out the side of your boat
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 5:00 PM Reply   
Should be pretty simple fix. The bags get super slimey lol
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-21-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
I don't understand what you mean by reroute the lines. Are you suggesting I switch to a reversible pump? Where is it mounted on your boat? My pumps are sitting in the locker with the slimey bag, right in the bottom.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
Ya you can switch pumps and you your intake as a drain also then use your now drain as a vent after thinking about it you would have to switch pumps but they are $150
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2013, 7:50 PM Reply   
While I have no direct experience with the Sanger itself. I do have tons with aerator pumps. While you are getting air in the bag as tge bag fille it should ultimately force the air out into that empty line as it fills and ultimately spew water out that empty line when it's full. The water will force the air out as it fills. Aerator pumps are not sealed like reversible pumps. They will let air escape. Your fill line should have a check valve after the pump tho to prevent it back flowing out the fill line.

Have u just attempted to let the bag fill completely on its own yet? That's the way it's designed on most all aerator systems back in the day. A vent line was added just to ease it quicker. You will get air in the bag but it will be forced out as tge water gets pumped in and pushes it out as the bag completely fills Again I can't speak exactly in that Sanger model though just general terms of aerator sytems
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-21-2013, 9:19 PM Reply   
I believe I've let it go until water was coming out the drain line, but still tons of water on the bag until I put my foot on it and press a few times. The only way I could see it working would be to have the drain line on the very top of the bag, is that where it's supposed to be? If so, maybe the bag got twisted or something and the drain isn't all the way on the top?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 9:33 PM Reply   
Pull your bag out you will have a drain on the front top if its a stock bag. To pull it out go to where you drain and disconnect it at the through hole and pull the bag and feed the hose through the bow cooler (it pops right out)and of course disconnect the fill hose. Before you remove.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 9:34 PM Reply   
Pull that slimey ****er out!!