Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (LBall22)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-16-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Has anybody ever heard of dealt with team Atlantic boat sales? they have some boats listed on boat trader that just seem to good to be true, and if something seems too good to be true it usually is . But just wanted to see if anybody has heard of them.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-17-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
I kicked them off onlyinboards FYI
Old     (pymella)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-25-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBall22 View Post
Has anybody ever heard of dealt with team Atlantic boat sales? they have some boats listed on boat trader that just seem to good to be true, and if something seems too good to be true it usually is . But just wanted to see if anybody has heard of them.
OH YES! My brother & I were entering into a transaction for one of their boat trader .com boats...long story short we were to the point of sending a $5000 deposit & we were instructed to wire transfer the $ to bank account in London, UK. I reported to boat trader a fraud alert. Haven't heard fron boat trader but if you go to boat trader .com & search for dealers: team Atlantic & low & behold it indicates "no inventory available". Go figure...good thing I am mosey & research to the into degree, we dodged a bullet.
Old     (Dombo)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-26-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
I almost bought a boat from em'. A mastercraft x-star 2000, super clean boat, low hours, in perfect condition. I was that close from buying it that i had the guy sending the paperwork. I have the sales contract, sales agreement and the money wire information. Like the other guy says, they ask for a 5K deposit and the rest of the money upon delivery. Everything looks legit until you find out that it's a company from UK. The website looks bogus as well. You can find the at team-atlantic.com but they show little to no inventory. When it's to good to be true, it normally isn't. Knowbody rides for free...
Old     (kknobl5)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-24-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
I've been looking into this company for a few days now and can't locate them on a map. I've fund 2 addresses in the Miami/Hollywood Florida area. The first was an empty lot of shipping containers, and the second is a Denny's. I've been in contact with their "sales rep" for the past several days and have been given the runaround. He offered to ship a boat for $580 from Miami, FL to Baton Rouge, LA (915 miles). They say they are owned by a company in the UK, yet they have a listing on boat paradise dot com somewhere in Miami/Hollywood Florida area. When I asked why it was so cheap to ship so far they said the boat is currently in transit from California to Miami. I then told him I would think about it for a few days and get back to him about visiting his dealer location for inspection and possibly purchasing the boat in the ad. He replied and told me several people are interested in the boat and that if I wanted it I would have to buy it fast.

I reported the ad and am awaiting another reply from the "sales rep". I'll be sure to let y'all know what they say if they dare return my email.

Also, I created an account on this forum to spread awareness about this fraudulent boat dealer. Sad this is my first experience buying a boat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-25-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
The card they used to sign up as a dealer on OnlyInboards was stolen. They are scammers, end of story.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-25-2013, 8:27 AM Reply   
I wonder if they actually make money doing this? I don't see anyone spending any money sight unseen.