Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-20-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Am looking at this boat with 200 engine hours. What are you guys thoughts about these boats. How is the storage, wake for skiing and boarding, seating space, ride in chop, quality, dependability? I guess any any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Garland
Old    kent            08-20-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
It has a good slalom wake and a decent boarding wake, although it tends to wash out with too much wake added. Its a good boat if you have skiers and boarders using it, its a bit rough in chop due to the flat bottom, but it can be dealt with to a certain extent due to TAPS. it was a good boat the only issues we really had was a vapour lock problem in about the last 10 hours we had the boat, we had about 260 on it when we traded it in on a 21i. That was mostly due to the extreme tempratures this season however, if you have any specific questions feel free to email me.
Old    kailua_al            08-20-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
I agree with Kent ('cept I haven't had a vapor lock problem...yet!). I'm not sure how the '00 compares with the '02 (which is what I have), but my boat is very versitile. Too much weight, particularly in the back (which is where you think you would want it) does cause the wake to "break". I find that by moving people around and playing with the TAPS, and running at about 21-22 MPH, I can get it fairly clean. It won't be big, but it has been big enough for us to have a great time with. Great storage, can fit 3 skis in the locker, a wakeboard up under each of the side bolsters, out of the way, and a board or 2 skis in the front locker behind the front passenger seat. Bow rider gives lots of seating. Added a tower with board/ski racks for even more storage. Handles like a dream (small size helps here). And it is very sharp looking, I get a ton of compliments.

Question for Kent, how is the 21i for skiing behind? I really loved that boat when I bought mine, but it was out of reach $$ wise (I was stretching as it was to buy the 20i, but the Tige dealer made me a great offer..., not much more than a late model used Ski Nautique I was looking at getting). I didn't get to demo (why torture myself if I couldn't afford it) and was wondering how good of slalolm wake it really put out considering the 102" beam width. As my son and daughter progress with their boarding, we may need to step up as well, and I'm sure the 21i does much better for boarding in the wake department. But I, the guy shelling out the dough, still love to slalolm, so it is important that I can still do that with a decent wake.

(Message edited by kailua_al on August 20, 2003)
Old    kent            08-21-2003, 6:21 PM Reply   
Well im nto a skiier much myself so i dont know what an acceptable skiing wake is, but im not sure how much it flattens out. the dry wieght on the boat is up there. however, the 20i and the 21i are almost imcomparable. the 21i has felt like going from a cavalier to a corvette. the room is incredible and the boarding wake is fantastic, and grows really well and responds well to weight. a difference is noticable just by flipping the stadium seating around and getting 4 people to the back. the rough water ride is better than almost any boat ive been in, I/o's included, and the TAPS really shines here.
bottom line though, id still go out and test one and see what the skiing wake is infact like for yourself.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-21-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
I have a 1999 Tige 2100 I purchased new and originally bought it for the slalom wake and the versitility of the Taps system. I really like the boat and it now has over 900 hours on it with no problems. The slalom wake is great, it has tons of room and the price was very competitive. For the last couple years, I have not skied too much but have been wakeboarding and hydrofoiling instead. Weighted and with Taps set to 5 or 6 the wake is perfect. Not a Monster wake, but it has great shape and ramp for getting some huge air. This is NOT a rough water boat though...
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-21-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
I just sold my 2001 20i which for the most part, liked quite a bit. I agree with everybody about the ski and wakeboard wakes being OK.. Bad rough water boat and sits very low in the water. You can also easily dunk the bow with just one person in the front. Sold it and bought a super air but all in all, pretty nice versatile little boat.