Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old    kidrik            02-16-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
Well, I had surgery two years ago on the meniscus and other internal knee goodies..........

Anyway, just did some damage to same knee, which felt like the pain with the meniscus injury..........except with some bruising and slight swelling on the lateral side of the knee. After researching, it sounds like a possible LCL strain........? I saw the doc the other day, and was given a referral to my Ortho. It will take a week minimum to get in, get X-rays and/or MRI..........SOOOOOO, my question is, how long of a recovery time is it for a possible grade one or grade two LCL strain, if in fact I won't need a surgical repair??? I feel rehab will do it, in that I can still hit the eliptical with little worry. It's the "lateral" movements that the pain/weakness occurs........

Thanks for any input!
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-16-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
I partially tore my LCL and cracked my fibula last fall and it took me a good 12 weeks to get over it. This winter, I have been working legs pretty hard and the knee feels better than ever. Good luck with your recovery.

(Message edited by hayes on February 16, 2008)
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2008, 11:59 PM Reply   
I would say 3 to 4 months to get it to take some activity. I just got over an lcl, acl injury... It took an extra month of working out and building up muscle mass. You should be good to ride by summer.. just take it easy so you can have the rest of the summer!

good luck!
Old    kidrik            02-17-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. Walt, I wonder how much quicker that might have been if your fibula wasn't cracked?

Mark, did you have surgery or were you able to go straight to rehab?

I'm so pissed at myself for slacking off a little on my leg routine!(which I know was a factor) But now I'm ready to kick azz, and get back out as quick as possible!

Thanks again.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I only had to do rehab. I have strained my acl multiple times before wakeboarding and snowboarding. I just had a lcl, acl injury last summer. It happened in August and I was snowboarding without a brace or anything in late November. I had like 20+ days on the snow this year. At first it hurt, but I kept going to the gym between snowboarding trips. By the end of the year, I couldn't even feel any part of the injury.

Hopefully you can rebuild it up quick. I just focused on stretching my knee and working it out 3 times a week. I never really did lifting until I could jog.

Now my knee feels stronger than ever!

If you don't need surgery you should be out there feeling good as new if you work at it hard

keep me posted
Old     (zburns)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-17-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
only about 3-4 weeks tops if is just a grade two. I got a grade 2 in football and ended up having to sit out 2 games plus a bye week. As soon as your able start rebuilding your muscles by running/lifting weights its cuts down on the recovery time