Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (ride_cwb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
So just last week me and two of my more dedicated riders went out for one last session before the big tourny put on by redline. It was pouring here in Lake Mills but we went anyway and I have to say it was one of the best experiences of my life. Just soaking everything in the water the scenery the atmosphere. This summer has been an absolute blast I think its safe to say that my crew and I have been on the lake far more than anyone else this whole season. Usualy I deal with mechanical malfunctions but this year the boat ran awesomely. All I can say is to me wakeboarding is not just a fun thing to do in the summer its something that brings me at peace with the world around me. That place where everything slows down and then goes crazy the very next second. I love this sport and this season and im sad to see it go but before I hang it up I have one more session to do. Im going to the WWAs tomarrow and Double up del notche when that goes down. I just wanted to say farwell to summer and for everyone to keep it real man. Untill next year
Old    jolly_roger_wake            08-25-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
"I think its safe to say that my crew and I have been on the lake far more than anyone else this whole season"

haha, pretty bold statement given the insanity of the rest of the forum members... very sad post, you should get a wetsuit and extend that riding a couple of months.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-25-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Yes a very sad post Kevin. I feel the same way when I wakeboard it settles and calms me down and gets me ready for another hectic week. I can honestly say wakeboarding is the only thing that I do that gives me inner peace and tranquility. Even though this is a sad post thank you for posting it and letting me think about what wakeboarding has done for me.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
I hear ya', I work on the river (restraunt) and don't own a boat so the hurt isn't as bad as it could be, but every day it's pure glass or a minute ripple. The section of the river is DEAD, you'll encounter one boat if that during a day. Yesterday I went down on the dock while it was about to storm and it was so calm that it hurt to just sit there and see noone riding it, I am at one with the water, lakes/rivers/rain whatever.

Also located in WI.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Im with Ty on this one, nothing hurts me more than seeing an entire lake of butter and not being able to ride it, or noone else riding it at the least...

Don't give up on summer yet, though, the water stays warm till october here!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-25-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
I'll be riding right through the winter into summer. wetsuits are a great thing.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-25-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
TY, where you at? Bunch of us ride in Madison.

Kevin, who were you at the tourney?

I got third in advanced, Im the one who runs www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Kevin, our season doesn't end until at least Halloween and we're in Oconomowoc. Get a dry suit, you're good to go for months yet!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-25-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Kevin,

I will be riding until at least thanksgiving here in janesville, hit me up! i have a spare drysuit that I let others share as well! Really looking forward to having the heater!

Also remember the big get together for midwestwakeboarder in september!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
see what a wuss you're being? It's not over til the ice forms!
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-25-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
Okay, so maybe a dumb question here. At the end of the season, usually sometime in October around Santa Rosa, I get the boat serviced and winterized. If I wanted to ride longer, and don't have a garage to keep the boat in (its under cover but still exposed to the outside temps, how do I keep the water from freezing up in my engine on those below freezing nights? It never gets that cold here, but can drop into the mid twenties for several nights at a time.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-25-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
lightbulb under the cover or in the engine compartment? keeps things warmer than you'd think
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-25-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
You wouldn't need much in a closed engine compartment just to keep it above freezing, a little heat lamp would do it I think.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-25-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
you can also pull the drain plugs from the engine to get out the water so it wont freeze up. typically they are listed in engines owners manual.

The next time my boat is in for service I am going to have the mechanic show me where all the plugs are, typically their are 4 or 6 plugs I think!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-25-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Depending on how new your boat is, and if it's a Merc, they are blue. Bright blue thumb screws. Three on each side. Take them out, let the water drain, then put them back in (Then you won't forget where they go!)... They are also listed in your OM (Owner's Manual), with pics, so you know where to look.
Old     (ride_cwb)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
ok guys lay off for me the riding season is pretty much over. i mean classes start tomarrow for college and i have no ride back home to use the boat on top of that everyone that i ride with will also be away at college and i cant do it all by myself. the truth of the matter is that when school starts, summer is over and for me that means summer is over tonight. i might squeeze in a few this week while ppl are still in town though. plus watchin double up del notche will be killer.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-28-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Kevin,
where d you go to school?
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-28-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Kevin.....get that degree, nab the hot job, get an apartment on the lake, buy a new boat and you'll be having endless summers when your 25 years old! Boo ya!