Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
Need some help to get a way to control volume on the tower speakers and boat speakers independently. Unfortunately the XMD3 remote does not allow access to the head unit fader, so that option is out.
I was trying to avoid a pre-amp. Is there kind of in line volume control that wouldnt destroy the system quality?
Any info on the best way to use the amps would be helpful also.

Spec list:
Head unit : Clarion XMD3
AMPS : Rockford P4004 2 each with sub control
SUBs : JL 10" W3 2 each
Tower : MB Quarts (titan)4 each
Boat : Stock Clarion 6 each
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
Troy the Pre Amp is your friend, Ha Ha LOL. But seriously you should get one. I think they are the best way to go. But I know there is faders/ volume control's that you can add to do exactley what your trying to do but I dont know there name/location. Im sure some nice DYI guy will post a link to exactley what you looking for,
this place is awesome.
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
Try this one, I got this link from a nice person here.
I havent tryed it but its one place to look
http://65.54.186.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=1b0bd7c68d201c100b657037665b9f f1&lat=1088029576&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ed avidnavone%2ecom%2findex%2ehtm
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
Grant,
Which Pre Amp for my equipment?
Do you have any more of that ASB Carbon sheet cut to fit the 04 san remote holder?
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
Sorry Im all out of the ABS.
But I could make you one out of real carbon like my'n. Im using a Earthquake PX4000. I was some what skepitcal when I bought it but Just because I thought the Earthquake brand was crap. After putting it in and using it Im sold. It was like $350 for the EQ so its a bit pricy, But it woke up my system witch was plauged by low RCA voltage. MY XMD-3 has 2 volts RCA output this Earthquake EQ/Pre Amp brings it up as high as 12v its adjustable.
I know the Rockford Fosgate pa-2 is a bit cheeper you can get them off E-bay and it basicly the same as my Earthquake but a 150 cheaper. Audio Controle make the Best EQ's if $ is no object
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2004, 6:23 PM Reply   
Grant,
Can you e me a quick lesson on how to use a pre amp with multiple amps and speaker sets? I am really clueless on the concept. I can get the PA-2 local now so that would be the one I would use. I want to finish this thing tomorrow and put it back in the water.
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
Hold On Ill get somthing for you
Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   

Old    whitechocolate            06-23-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
Ok this is a PPI pre amp but it looks the same in the back.

Take the Output from you XMD-3 and run it into the Main input on the PA-2

Then take the Front output on the PA-2 and run it to your Front or hull amp

Then take the rear output on the PA-2 and run it to your rear or tower amp

Then take the Sub Amp outut and run it to your sub amp
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the lesson.
Looks easy. I will let you know how it goes.