Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    hockeyruss            08-16-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Wow, love the new interior. No more perferated holes, it cleans right up with a chamois. Pop up pylon...nice. Love the new dash set up. Same ballast and wake...awesome. The new gorilla fins make turning on a dime much better. Can't wait to try out a lot of weight.....You have to be careful taking off with the monsoon, if you throttle like it's an 02 or 03 you will pull the riders arms out. I got a few pics, of course..

Old    hockeyruss            08-16-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
Then there was day 1 in the water.....after a 2 hour drive home, then 3 hours of prep, I finally got her in the water. Awesome.....Saturday morning I added the tower speakers and amp, put the bimini on, titan has a new bimini, stainless steel instead of aluminum, and it is very easy to take off the boat. I put about 2 hours on the boat today, as it rained almost all afternoon. I hope tommorrow brings some good weather.
Old     (jaxboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-16-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
beautiful boat!
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-17-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
It looks great. What about some more interior shots?
Old    hockeyruss            08-17-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
heres one, it is covered right now, what a day. The stereo rocks, I have all 4 boat speakers on the rear side of the amp, and the tower speakers on the front side. That way you can use the fader and keep the boat music tolerable and the tower speakers crankin for the rider. I'll take some more shots tommorrow or tuesday.
Old    waksetr            08-17-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
hey santa hook me up with a red one!!!!
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-17-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
Hey Wakenup... im really having a hard time with my tower speakers and boat speakers on my 03 vlx.. there is popping, which is constant pitch even when the amp is off the power.. i dont understand.. any thoughts, thanks..
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-17-2003, 7:02 PM Reply   
Drooling all over my keyboard !!!
Old    hockeyruss            08-18-2003, 5:31 AM Reply   
Hey Reaves, recheck all your connections, sounds like you have the polarity off on one/more of your speakers. Did you change anything? I hope you didn't fry your amp. Usually clicking or popping means your speakers are getting voltage but no music.
Check the polarity first (+'s and -'s) on the speakers.
Old    hockeyruss            08-18-2003, 5:54 AM Reply   
Bill, you'll be there soon, my friend, keep building those towers.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-18-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Russ, the boat looks great! I see that you also got your trailer.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-18-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
wakenup looks like you need to update your profile pic! Great looking boat! I love the changes. More pics please! Just show anything and everything.
Old    hockeyruss            08-18-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
I'll get somemore today or tommorrow. I have not got my trailer yet, I borrowed this one. The new Gorilla fins are sooooo biiiiiggggg that it does not fit on this borrowed 2002 trailer. I have to launch and recover really deep to get the fins to clear the trailers crossmember. Recovery is funny, I have only my 125lb son in the boat, he barely idles in, then I try to lift the bow over the recieving roller while he stands on the platform. The Fins really help in the turns we were boarding in this small creek as it was glassy and the tracking is superb compared to previous models. Other than that the boat rides the same. This is the first time I have had booming tunes though. I probably need to apologize to everyone else that was on the lake this weekend (ha ha ha). I need to take some more pics..... hold on guys!!
Old    tommyadrian5            08-18-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
how about some pics of these fins
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-18-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Wakenup-- even when the amp is disconnected there is still popping in the front factory speakers.. im baffled really..
Old    hockeyruss            08-18-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
Ok here is what I am talking about.....
and Reaves, I don't know what to tell you, try asking Phanteon he is a stereo expert.

that is enough for now, I have a hockey meeting to go to.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2003, 11:44 PM Reply   
That is a sweet looking boat Russ!

Who made your bimini top, I like the Malibu logo.
Old    hockeyruss            08-19-2003, 4:47 AM Reply   
That is the new Titan Top, all Stainless now.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-19-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Holy crap that is one badass boat. I want one!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
I like the pop up pylon, I have a direct drive and I was happy mine came stock without one, saves room, especially where they are located on a DD. I never liked the pylon on V-Drives sticking out on the sun deck for the same reason, good idea to have a pop up and more importantly pop down when your not using it. Seemed a little dangerous too.

Nice boat!!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-19-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride, it looks greats!!
Old    hockeyruss            08-20-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
Then these pics are for you Jonathan....

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
Cool, very nice!
Old    cws_kahuna            08-20-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
That is a very nice ride. That pop-up cleat is very cool.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-20-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
I like the graphics much better than that 02-03 tattoo graphic stuff.

Does anybody know if the pop-up pylon can be retrofitted to older Malibus? I'm thinking that it can, but wanted to check.
Old    vandal            08-24-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
is the center MLS hard-tanked yet or is it still the messed up bag? sweet looking boat.
Old    hockeyruss            08-25-2003, 4:28 AM Reply   

Vandal, it is still the messed up bag. Hopefully 05 will see the hard tank and the front ballast.
Old    vandal            08-25-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
THX for the info. when will they learn?!?!?!?! they know how to do it correctly, why dont they listen to the riders and make the simple switch to a hard-tanked center ballast? these are the details that really upset me about justifying a $50K+ boat. oh well...............
Old    byazn            08-26-2003, 4:56 PM Reply   
Who makes that transom guard? I love that boat!

Thanks
Old    hockeyruss            08-27-2003, 5:55 AM Reply   
Brandon, it is Gator Grip (www.wakejunky.com)
This is the 3rd boat I have done with Gator grip, I used more on this on b/c when landlocking, I have seen the surfboard get shot at the transom when the rider falls backwards. Protection is key.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2003, 6:19 AM Reply   
That boat's insane!
Malibu has the best graphics.