Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-24-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
i finally picked up a FatSac brand sac 2 weeks ago, and i was then at the lake for a week so i filled it the second day and just left it. however when i emptied it i obviously could not get it all the way emptied with just the pump there was a gallon or so left in the sac. for everyone who runs custom auto systems, do you pull out the sacs everytime and dump the extra water? i had to pick up the thing and tip it upside down to get the last bit of water to go out, and i can see how that could be annoying if you are trying for the ultimate fast fill/empty setup
Old    tommyadrian5            07-24-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
i just let it sit in there, it probably gets nasty but i ain't drinking out of it. Don't undo the other cap when you are draining it, just let it shrivel up in the outer sack, that gets almost all the water out, once its almost empty you cna lift the end that doesn't have the pump attacted and that will move the little water thats left towards the pump.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-24-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
We always have a little water left in our sacs. I never worried about it. I think a self priming pump will remove more water then an aerator pump (I would guess you have an aerator pump). We also have a hard tank that does empty all the way because the pump is mounted lower then the tank (gravity helps). I would assume there is a way to do this with a sack also.
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-24-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
yup, self priming would be better. i just have one sac right now, if i ever get more ill setup a real self priming system.
Old    chris_hargis            07-25-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
I can confirm that a self priming punmp will get the water out. My Simers suck my bags down to nothing. Takes out all the air and water in all my tubes. No lifting required at all. I even have some of the fittings going in on top of the tube and it still sucks them dry.
Old    epeltier            07-25-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
hey Cris what size hose are you running on your system?
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-25-2003, 12:11 PM Reply   
every month or so we put a cap of bleach in the sacks so they don't get too nasty, not sure how hard it is on the sacks.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-25-2003, 4:09 PM Reply   
I just put the drain pumps on the rear of the sac and when they're almost empty I drive the boat about 8 mph to get the nose in the air. That drains them pretty well. Or you could just hit the drain switch when your loading the boat on the trailer.