Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-30-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
WWS in Denver got their first ASR in over the weekend and one of their customer's hooked his F250 up to it to see what it would look like. Best looking combo I have seen in awhile!
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-30-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
Here's another pic, sorry that they aren't the greatest pics in the world. I will try and get some good shots at the boat show next weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
I don't know man, those on-trailer pictures of the boat aren't very flattering. I hope it looks better on the water.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-30-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Looks like it sits too high on the trailer.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-30-2013, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
Looks like it sits too high on the trailer.
Can't sit any lower, the hull is out over top of the fenders. It will be hard to launch these boats for those that have a shallow grade boat ramp. It's hard to tell in the picture but it sits out a good 2" on each fender.

Also, it's crazy how much the hull hooks in at the transom.

Last edited by timmyb; 12-30-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-30-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
Sweet looking combo!!! I like black....
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-30-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
I think all these new SUPER wake boats do not look good on a trailer. They look much better in the water.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-30-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
1- I like to keep an open mind.
2- I am not brand loyal in any way.
3- I think Tige builds nice boats

With all of that said, I do not like anything about the looks of that boat. Not even a little bit.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-30-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
I love that boat..

Agree entirely with the comment about the "super boats" on the trailer. They aren't made for that. G23/25 looks like a pig on the trailer and sexy in the water..

I love the minimal graphics and all black hull.. VERY well done.. I've always hated how "loud" the Tige graphics options were. This is perfect..

I'd love that exact set up.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-30-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
1. I have years of experience with Tige.
2. I WAS a Tige lover.
3. I hate the tower on that boat.

The lines of the two don't work together. The boat is angular while the tower is not. It's especially evident with that windshield, and it's too small. The Alpha Z looks great against the frame of the other model boats. Not this one.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-30-2013, 2:26 PM Reply   
Tower not all that great, but other than that is it a good looking boat.

Looks Like A G23 to me, which is a good thing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
1. I have years of experience with different Tigé models
2. I still am a Tigé Lover
3. I Love that Tower,but not on this boat.

This boat has a lot of really neat features and nice individual styling points. But overall the styling doesn't blend smoothly. I agree it's very difficult to make the most awesome wakes and have all the latest greatest features .Then blend them all into one hot looking boat. I think Tige will take input from their customers and blend it all into one hot looking package within the next few years. For a first year effort on a new model it's still more good than bad on this boat. Thanks for pushing the rest of the boat industry Tigé.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-30-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
I love Tige but this boat makes the G23 look sleek and clean...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Looks kind of like a Lego with a tower
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-30-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
I think it's hideous. Just not clean, sexy, or smooth looking. I agree with most, boat doesn't blend well, just looks very confused
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-30-2013, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post

This boat has a lot of really neat features and nice individual styling points. But overall the styling doesn't blend smoothly. I agree it's very difficult to make the most awesome wakes and have all the latest greatest features .Then blend them all into one hot looking boat. I think Tige will take input from their customers and blend it all into one hot looking package within the next few years. For a first year effort on a new model it's still more good than bad on this boat. Thanks for pushing the rest of the boat industry Tigé.
I'm gonna pass on my usual witticisms here because anything I could possibly conjure up will never be as funny as this paragraph.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-30-2013, 8:55 PM Reply   

I know right?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-30-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:

Nobody even knows if this wake is as good or pushes the new xstar.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2013, 3:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Nobody even knows if this wake is as good or pushes the new xstar.
Aaron Rathy,Dean Smith,Josh Kerr and Dominik Hernler Know! That's why they joined the Tige Team.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-31-2013, 3:34 AM Reply   
^^^ no they joined the team because they are getting PAID!!!!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-31-2013, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post

Lol +1
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Aaron Rathy,Dean Smith,Josh Kerr and Dominik Hernler Know! That's why they joined the Tige Team.
None of those guys ever podium. Harley, Rusty, and Phil all do, I guess that makes MC and Malibu better.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-31-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Robert, I have to ask, are you employeed by tige to post in the forums about how awesome Tige boats are? I guess you probably couldn't answer that question honestly if you were, but man, I'd say you are far and away the biggest fan boy on WW.

Do you actually believe athletes leave one sponsor to join another because they like the boats better? That seems like something a 12 year old would believe.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
^^^lol @ "seems like something a 12 year old would believe..."
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Robert, what was that? I couldn't understand you between the gagging and slurping. Hey, why are you walking around with knee pads on?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 8:44 AM Reply   
I've seen some with multiple colors that look much better than this. Not the a good solid black boat. needs some contrast to break it up some
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-31-2013, 9:21 AM Reply   
Tint the windows, put that boat in the water and take some photos with proper lighting and a DSLR and 90% of the haters in this post would be trying to line up their finances to buy one..
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Tint the windows, put that boat in the water and take some photos with proper lighting and a DSLR and 90% of the haters in this post would be trying to line up their finances to buy one..
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig....

Plus why buy an ASR when you can get a G23 and have the same boat only with a nicer tower and better built?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post

Plus why buy an ASR when you can get a G23 and have the same boat only with a nicer tower and better built?
Rare time I agree with you. The price point is so close why would you buy this over the G23?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

You can buy anything you would like! If you don't like it, don't buy it! What boat do you have again?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Rare time I agree with you. The price point is so close why would you buy this over the G23?
So how much is this ASR and how much is the same equipped G23? I know how much the ASR is going to be at the show. This is fully loaded with the CTS-V engine, Wetsounds 808's, etc. Have you ridden behind or been in the G23 that is out at Standley? Just curious if you know them and how much they paid for a boat they can only use for 5 months out of the year or less.

Last edited by timmyb; 12-31-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
They were getting paid where they were at previously. So your saying Rusty,Harley and Phil just rep their wakes bucause they get PAID.You go tell Rusty he's a whore. I'm not.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Also Chris, why in the hell would you go with a VTX when the price is so close to a VLX or LSV? I mean, why would you waste your time with that boat when you could have had something so much better?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-31-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
They were getting paid LESS where they were at previously. So your saying Rusty,Harley and Phil just rep their wakes bucause they get PAID.You go tell Rusty he's a whore. I'm not.
Fixed that for you
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-31-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
So how much is this ASR and how much is the same equipped G23? I know how much the ASR is going to be at the show. This is fully loaded with the CTS-V engine, Wetsounds 808's, etc.
How much will it be at the show? Nobody has released pricing on any level for this yet... This is the first one that has been shown besides the release model.

Nobody has posted what the wake actually looks like from the boat either... Been out for months...
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
We can only hope the ASR is as flawlessly excecuted as the Convex-VX was

Just Kidding. Remember that though? When every new boat buyer who bought that game changer had to bring them back to their dealers to have them retrofit with correct mounting brackets?

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
Kind of like MC's power tower's or Malibu's wedge issues? Every mfr has had their share of issues. Heck, Malibu is still offering their original surfgate buyers a retrofit kit to close up the gap between the gate and the hull.

Last edited by timmyb; 12-31-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-31-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
The G23, and ASR are both ugly, and i would never own one. How ever i do think both are great boats.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also Chris, why in the hell would you go with a VTX when the price is so close to a VLX or LSV? I mean, why would you waste your time with that boat when you could have had something so much better?
Why did I buy a 20ft super garage friendly boat over the larger and much more expensive(12k for the box and 20k for the lsv at the time? Do I really need to answer that?

I didn't ride in the g23 on Standley, but have spoken to people who bought a 14 with the 555 engine, and he paid about 5k more than they are taking that asr to the boat show for.

The asr needs to be 10-15k bellow the g23 to even make it worth looking at. Why buy the knockoff for almost as much when you can buy the battle tested and adapted original and not have all the first year issues?
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Timmy, the Convex-VX was a MEGA fail from the jump. It's ok to admit that. You Tige guys are too much.

Last edited by SMDFSRK; 12-31-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why did I buy a 20ft super garage friendly boat over the larger and much more expensive(12k for the box and 20k for the lsv at the time? Do I really need to answer that?

I didn't ride in the g23 on Standley, but have spoken to people who bought a 14 with the 555 engine, and he paid about 5k more than they are taking that asr to the boat show for.

The asr needs to be 10-15k bellow the g23 to even make it worth looking at. Why buy the knockoff for almost as much when you can buy the battle tested and adapted original and not have all the first year issues?
So how much did they pay?

12k? That's it? For that little bit of money you could have been in an X2 which is a WAY better boat than a VTX. See how stupid that sounds? People on here crack me up acting like $5k, $10k, $15k etc isn't a lot of money. Sorry for picking on you but you are the one who said
Quote:
The price point is so close why would you buy this over the G23?
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
5k isn't enough to get ANYONE to choose an ASR over a G23 unless they are wearing your Tige underwear that day.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
Or they drove them side-by-side and liked one over the other, there's a Tige dealer that is better than the Nautique dealer, etc. The G23 I spoke of has taken their's to the Tige dealer for service.
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 11:12 AM Reply   
Must be a really good dealer. What does that have to do with which boat is better?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-31-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
5k on a $100k+ (5%) is much different than $12k difference on a $70k boat (17%).
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
Yes, Denver has one of the only markets where Tige outsells everyone else.

I never said that the Tige is better than a G23 or vice-versa. Have you driven and ridden behind both of them? I haven't, I have only been in the ASR and it's a pretty damn nice boat. Definitely above and beyond the other boats Tige has produced. Will I be getting one? No, I don't wakeboard enough to need something like this nor can I afford it. $5k is a deal killer for me when buying a new boat/truck/car/house/etc.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Or they drove them side-by-side and liked one over the other, there's a Tige dealer that is better than the Nautique dealer, etc. The G23 I spoke of has taken their's to the Tige dealer for service.
He paid just under 130k, that's with the new transmission that fixed their major issues from the 13 models, something for new asr owners to think about. That also included nss....

Colorado would be just about the only place you could use that reasoning since nautique doesn't really have legitimate dealer here.

Tige copied the g23 for a reason, it's bad ass boat. They then added their convex v hill which I've heard from a pro rider, who has ridden both the 23 and the asr, causes the classic tige problem of the wake rolling over on itself when weighted heavy.

Asr would be a great boat if it wasn't priced against the g23. The reason to buy a knockoff is to save money
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, Denver has one of the only markets where Tige outsells everyone else.

I never said that the Tige is better than a G23 or vice-versa. Have you driven and ridden behind both of them? I haven't, I have only been in the ASR and it's a pretty damn nice boat. Definitely above and beyond the other boats Tige has produced. Will I be getting one? No, I don't wakeboard enough to need something like this nor can I afford it. $5k is a deal killer for me when buying a new boat/truck/car/house/etc.
Technically Malibu still outsells tige in Denver when you add in axis
Old    rullery            12-31-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Do some of you guys get in fights when you dislike another brand inboard you pass in the channel? Wow, getting sooo personal!

Does anyone still sell those peeing cartoon stickers? I ask because I wanna slap a few on mah Tige and shoot at the Centurion folk when I pass.

Last edited by rullery; 12-31-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Let me be clear, I don't think the asr is a bad boat, it's just over priced.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rullery View Post
Do some of you guys get in fights when you dislike another brand inboard you pass in the channel? Wow, getting sooo personal!
Not me, I like all of the wakeboard boats. I can get in every single one of them and find something that I like over the other's. They are all bad azz boats IMO and I would never bash anyone for owning any of them.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not me, I like all of the wakeboard boats. I can get in every single one of them and find something that I like over the other's. They are all bad azz boats IMO and I would never bash anyone for owning any of them.
I agree with you there. There are tons of great brands of boats. Hell a close frind of mine has a super nice RZ2 with one of the loudest stereo systems out there, at one point in my recent boat search I even considered a Z3. Supra is doing a great job with the sa and SC line. Like you said a lot of it comes down to dealers and tige a great dealer for the most part in wws, it helps their sales greatly
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
For the record, I believe that every single one of these new boats is WAY over priced and my personal belief is that if they lowered the prices, they would sell more new boats. Also, asking price is not selling price. Just because they are asking that much doesn't mean they are getting that much.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hell a close frind of mine has a super nice RZ2 with one of the loudest stereo systems out there, at one point in my recent boat search I even considered a Z3. Supra is doing a great job with the sa and SC line. Like you said a lot of it comes down to dealers and tige a great dealer for the most part in wws, it helps their sales greatly
Bruizza!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-31-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Here's another pic for those that are interested (seems like a small audience).
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-31-2013, 1:30 PM Reply   
I think it looks sick. Dark tint + on the water + pics that don't look like they were taken through a screen door and I'm sold.
Old    rullery            12-31-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
yeah an all black anything is always hard to photograph. especially in direct sunlight. Agree the boat looks sweet, although the tower does look a little small and organic compared to the boat
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
face down a$$ up view looks much better than the squared off nose on the trailer but who cares. Its on the trailer!! It will look good on the water. A chunky tower design that works with the angular design of the side blades (or whatever clever name they have for them) and oversized rear vents would better compliment the boat. Got any pirtures of the back or interior?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
pictures
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       12-31-2013, 3:28 PM Reply   
Not sure what price comparisons you MC lovers are looking at, but speaking with the GM personally at Eagle Marine in Ft. Worth a couple weeks ago he assured me that the standard ASR will be right around $109,000. I personally looked at the G23 this past year and the cheapest, least equipped model I could find was $137,000. So please explain to me how that's a $5,000 difference. And by the time you factor in the difference in tax, that's an additional $1600 difference here in Texas, putting you at just over $27,000 difference out the door between the two. I'll take the ASR for that savings.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
Not sure what price comparisons you MC lovers are looking at, but speaking with the GM personally at Eagle Marine in Ft. Worth a couple weeks ago he assured me that the standard ASR will be right around $109,000. I personally looked at the G23 this past year and the cheapest, least equipped model I could find was $137,000. So please explain to me how that's a $5,000 difference. And by the time you factor in the difference in tax, that's an additional $1600 difference here in Texas, putting you at just over $27,000 difference out the door between the two. I'll take the ASR for that savings.
How did MC lovers get dragged into this? We are too busy congratulating ourselves on having mastered life and glaring down our noses at Tige owners to really care about the everyday squabbles of you "normals" as we call you. Also occupying our time:

1) managing the constant feminine affection tossed our way
2) cleaning our monocles
3) attending luge lessons
4) swirling and sniffing our fine Bordeaux before drinking it
5) memorizing pi
6) blocking Obama's bills in congress
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-31-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
For more reasons why you should buy an MC please see my contributions in the "Wakesurf Boat Questions" thread.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
Were you just looking at prices on G23s or were you actually trying to purchase one? The person I've spoken to got a G23, 555hp, motor well equipped for just under 130k. The asr pictured here is going to the boat show with a boat show price right around 5k away from that G23
Old    SMDFSRK            12-31-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
BASE ASR vs. loaded G23. Sounds like a fair market comparison.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-31-2013, 7:26 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Even better looking thread we got here.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-01-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
They were getting paid where they were at previously. So your saying Rusty,Harley and Phil just rep their wakes bucause they get PAID.You go tell Rusty he's a whore. I'm not.

To answer your question,

YES, they all ride behind the boats that they get paid the most to ride. It's not rocket science MC hands out boats like candy and they have a great stable of riders. I personally like Rusty M, he's one of my favorite riders and I have 2 HL Mareks. I also would have no problem telling him that he rides a MC because he gets paid to. If that makes him a whore then whatever. Does his size or tattoos intimidate you? Not me.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
To answer your question,

YES, they all ride behind the boats that they get paid the most to ride. It's not rocket science MC hands out boats like candy and they have a great stable of riders. I personally like Rusty M, he's one of my favorite riders and I have 2 HL Mareks. I also would have no problem telling him that he rides a MC because he gets paid to. If that makes him a whore then whatever. Does his size or tattoos intimidate you? Not me.
Actually the fact he's a big MMA fan and practices and trains at MMA does though!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-01-2014, 3:50 PM Reply   
Thanks guys this thread is chock full of info.

For example: jet ranger is still an entertaining troll. Roberts got charlie pigeons thing several inches deep. Chris still has a hard on for malibu. SMDFRSK is either on his period or thinks he's funny. And Rance ain't scared of no MMA fighting Canadian(silly, that's muica's hat) professionals. Oh and delta force is still reasonable. Now we just need chatt to talk us all into a T22 over G or ASR and this circle of wake world thread life will be complete.

Thanks for staying class kiddos.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-01-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Simplej

NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!

To each his own. Spend your money as you wish. I love this Forum, so entertaining!!!!!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-01-2014, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Thanks guys this thread is chock full of info.

For example: jet ranger is still an entertaining troll. Roberts got charlie pigeons thing several inches deep. Chris still has a hard on for malibu. SMDFRSK is either on his period or thinks he's funny. And Rance ain't scared of no MMA fighting Canadian(silly, that's muica's hat) professionals. Oh and delta force is still reasonable. Now we just need chatt to talk us all into a T22 over G or ASR and this circle of wake world thread life will be complete.

Thanks for staying class kiddos.
Happy New Year simple!
Old    SMDFSRK            01-01-2014, 4:49 PM Reply   
Don't mind SImpleJ, he's just a butt hurt Tige guy.
Old    SMDFSRK            01-01-2014, 5:06 PM Reply   
To be fair, I'd say that JetRanger is more a satirist. I'm the trol, doing what a troll does, getting other forum members upset over a perceived personal slight (See: ButtHurt).
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-01-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Does anyone else hate the term "butt hurt"? There has to be something better than that term!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-02-2014, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
Don't mind SImpleJ, he's just a butt hurt Tige guy.
You're the only one that seems to mind. And no I'm not butthurt. And no I'm not a "tige" guy. I'm a "boat" guy who is enjoying the 3 ring circus in this thread.

But I'll add my .02 about the boat.
I think it looks as good as any "super" wake boat can. Look, albeit they should ditch the alpha z and go for a pointier shape for this model. If they're only selling at 5k less than the G they may be pricing themselves out of the market, at 125k, 5 grand is more a drop in the bucket then it is at 60k. Cut the G by 10 grand or more and they will be in good shape, even rich people like a bargain. But at the end of the day, put this or a G at the end of my dock and I'll happily put 150+ hours on it this season.

And no SMDFRSK, I'm not concerned about build quality, I have had no more or less issues with tiges as my neighbors Mastecrcrafts and Malibus.
Old    SMDFSRK            01-02-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
All great points. I agree with all that. I'm going to go ahead back off the Tige bashing. I've made my feelings known. They're attractive boats. I just can't stand the shameless hyperbole. (I know other companies are guilty of this. Just not on the same level as Tige IMO) They could stand to clean up their quality control department. I seen somewhere they're actually looking for someone.

FWIW, I don't really mind at all.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-02-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
The ASR a super wake boat? Have we even seen wake video yet to confirm this?

Here's what we do know:

1) Tige copied the ASR from Nautique
2) Mesh seats never caught on
3) Tige ain't even in the top three surf boats anymore (Centurion, Supreme, Mastercraft)
4) a scuttled Tige in the shallow tropical waters will not attract coral growth (the only thing known to man not to do so)
5) Skippy the 80-year old elephant released from the San Diego Zoo is in charge of QA at the Tige facility and he works for peanuts
6) in a recent consumer poll 100% of respondents did not know how to pronounce "Tige."

These are the facts as we know then gentlemen, and they are indisputable.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
All great points. I agree with all that. I'm going to go ahead back off the Tige bashing. I've made my feelings known. They're attractive boats. I just can't stand the shameless hyperbole. (I know other companies are guilty of this. Just not on the same level as Tige IMO) They could stand to clean up their quality control department. I seen somewhere they're actually looking for someone.

FWIW, I don't really mind at all.
their dealers could stand actually SEA TRIAL a boat once in a while, like they are supposed to, PRIOR to turning it over to the new buyer. This will prevent 75% of the upset customer issues $.02
Old    SMDFSRK            01-02-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
their dealers could stand actually SEA TRIAL a boat once in a while, like they are supposed to, PRIOR to turning it over to the new buyer. This will prevent 75% of the upset customer issues $.02
Agreed. However that doesn't account for a lot of other issues that are purely QC issues.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agreed. However that doesn't account for a lot of other issues that are purely QC issues.
This issue is not unique to or isolated to only tige and its dealers. I see the same type of upset customer past venting their frustrations with a manufacturer, for issues that would have likely been spotted and corrected by a dealer sea trial.

Does it really matter who fixed the problem you didnt know about?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-02-2014, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
The ASR a super wake boat? Have we even seen wake video yet to confirm this?

Here's what we do know:

2) Mesh seats never caught on

These are the facts as we know then gentlemen, and they are indisputable.
Mesh seats? What are you talking about?