Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-03-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
I'm have a 600 ballast bag in my ski locker and was thinking about tying the over flow in to my walk way bag then just burp it when filling. I'm using a scc reversible pump. Any body see a problem with this. Reason cuz right now I'm filling 4 bags with my tsunami and this will cut down time. Thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
Will the pump be able to force the water through bag one, into the second bag? At a certain point the weight of the water > pump power.

That would be my only concern, otherwise, should work just fine.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-03-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Well it forces it up and around and out the overfill plug
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well it forces it up and around and out the overfill plug
I'm sure that works great but once you start adding the pressure of the water in the bag though, it might slow/stop. I would think you could get it to at least 25%-50%, just might want to dry run it before you plumb it all in.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-03-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
People run overflow systems all the time. The overflow will fill the bag no problem but depending on diameter of hoses will depend on fill time. I just tested a Malibu LSV with an overflow system in the rear and it took FOREVER to fill the additional bags in the lockers, but they fully filled. What you need to watch for is if the bag is sitting on top of a hard tank (sub floor tank). If the bag is on top it can collapse the tank below it or crack it so you will need to reinforce the floor.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-03-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
Or I could also run a splitter valve and a 2'hose connected to the bag. Do you think that would be more efficient? Probably cuz I could hook it up to the lower port do draining would more force fed and it would be closer to the pump
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-03-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
This works for me. I fill my stock hard tank, then the overflow fills my 750 from the bottom drain port, then gravity feeds back through the same hose to drain. ONly problem was the pressure from the bag forced some water to push out the drain pump, so I put a ball valve on to stop that.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-03-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
I'm actually thinking now the splitter would be a faster fill then the drain hose way. Any thoughts
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-03-2013, 5:09 PM Reply   
I think the splitter will be faster as it put the water directly to both bags instead of flowing thru the fist bag to get to the second.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-03-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
**** ya rb!!im doing it!