Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-24-2013, 2:21 PM Reply   
I think it is turning out quite nice!

6.2 Ilmor, since I am sure someone will ask.
Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-24-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattscraft View Post
I think it is turning out quite nice!
From the looks of it you would be correct sir.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-24-2013, 5:44 PM Reply   
WOW, good looking colors! Congrats...
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-24-2013, 6:17 PM Reply   
Looks great! Keep the pics coming.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-24-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
I want to see those 2 Xstars that were next to it/in front of it!! But yes, love the gel scheme!
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
This is a beauty! Cool pictures. I love the rear surf seats on the X-25. My favorite feature on that model. Very exciting to see it getting built I am sure. Tons of fun coming this summer!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
Very sharp! You ever make it down to Cumberland? Would love to see that boat!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-25-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
Very nice. How did you get them to do the flakes next to each other?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-25-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
those are my kind of colors! very nice!!
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Very sharp! You ever make it down to Cumberland? Would love to see that boat!
Typically not, usually just Norris. Prob going to Laurel Lake for Memorial Day.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Almost complete.
Attached Images

Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2013, 5:40 PM Reply   
And she is complete, only the lake test left!
Attached Images

Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2013, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Very nice. How did you get them to do the flakes next to each other?
It was never an issue, I designed it, payed for it and they built it
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
This is a beauty! Cool pictures. I love the rear surf seats on the X-25. My favorite feature on that model. Very exciting to see it getting built I am sure. Tons of fun coming this summer!
How can an illegal seating option be your favorite option?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2013, 6:20 PM Reply   
That is cool you got the newer windshield. I want to see how it looks on the water. By the way, colors look great.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-26-2013, 5:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Not illegal seats, only illegal if someone sits there while under way. They are really designed as cove/raft up chill seats. Now many people do many stupid illegal things with boats in many cases. I have seen many pics & vids of people laying/sitting on the sun pad while surfing, is it illegal, yes

I have actually sat in these seats on a X25 while surfing, it is a pretty cool vantage point and really not dangerous IMO, however, if we got caught, yup certainly a ticket and fine for sure. These seats are actually safer than sitting/laying on a sun pad due to your feet are firmly planted on the swim platform and in an upright seated position, but the law is the law, break it, get caught, pay the man.

I rest my case, lol
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-26-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
Sweet baby jesus.... looks nice!
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       04-26-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
i have personally never sat in those seats while drew was surfing.

i lie
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
Cops don't pull us over for things like that north of the border.....if they are ever out.
Old     (rohe2452)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
god damn that is sexy
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-26-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat, its a beauty. Looks awesome out in the sun!!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-26-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
Absolutely gorgeous boat!!!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-26-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
nice looking boat, congrats.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-26-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Are they called surf seats? If so - yikes for MC and their legal counsel and potential liability in the event of an accident.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-26-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
Looking good, I like the dark color combo and the new Axis-Style windshield. It looks really good and you will love it, very functional.

Only thing I do not like so far is the bulky white steering wheel. Looks really thick and cheap, and doesn't match exactly with the grey in your interior...
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-26-2013, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think those seats are pretty cool. When I was lookking at a new MC I was dissapointed they were not on the X-30. Illegal? At 10MPH while someone is surfing those seats are a helluva lot safer than many shanningans going on out on the lakes. Police up here (Canada) would not bother with enforcing that. I had no idea they were illegal, but they are still super cool!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-27-2013, 6:31 AM Reply   
I too am amazed that MC sells a boat with seats back there that don't have huge stickers on them saying "DO NOT SIT IN WHILE BOAT IS MOVING OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH"
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-28-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
I too am amazed that MC sells a boat with seats back there that don't have huge stickers on them saying "DO NOT SIT IN WHILE BOAT IS MOVING OR YOU WILL DIE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH"
OK - I am going to thread jack my own post

"Stupid is what stupid does"

First off as I said before, the rear seats on the MC X25 are not "Surf Seats" They are not marketed as such and you will never see MC advertise the seats as such. They are designed as cove sitting, raft up chill seats. If you watch any of the marketing videos/material this is only what you will see.

There is no amount of warning or regulation that will stop people from doing stupid things. This style of seating from what I have seen was started by the jet boat folks and certainly copied by MC on the X25. If you would like to see more regulation etc. to stop people from doing stupid stuff, why don't we add seat belts on boats, how about engine cut off sensors to detect weight capacity in the bow and if the seats are flipped up. Why not make them so fool proof none of us can afford them or really enjoy them.

Yes, the boat manufacture is responsible for making a boat safe when used as intended, however it is impossible to insure against stupidity. IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!

As the captain of my boat, each and every time I go out, I own the soul responsibility to make sure the boat is operating and operated in a safe manor, my crew and passengers act accordingly understanding boating rules and I have all of the proper safety equipment on-board. Should anything happen, I am liable.

Last year I was pulled over by water patrol because my son was standing in the boat while under-way, we passed them head on, they spun around and came up behind me. As soon as we passed, I knew they were going to pull us over, I immediately pulled off plain and waited for them. When they pulled up, the officer asked me "Do You know why I pulled you over?" My response, Yup because he (pointing at my son) was standing while under-way. They checked all of my safety gear and registration, which I had readily available. Myself and crew acted with respect etc. and we received the same in return. One officer asked me how long I have been a boater in which I replied "All my life" his response, "It Shows" They politely left us with a "Have a nice day and be safe"
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
I mean my buddy lost a cushion off one of the seats while we were running across the lake this year never to be found...
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-28-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
Just for the record Matt, my post was sarcastic - I hate stupid warning stickers Agree with your post 100%
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-28-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post
Just for the record Matt, my post was sarcastic - I hate stupid warning stickers Agree with your post 100%
That's cool my man Hard to interpret literal emotion, even with the Smiles

First thing I do when I am fortunate enough to get a new boat is pull off all the warning stickers, sans the capacity plate, the only important stamp on the boat.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-28-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
OK - I am going to thread jack my own post

"Stupid is what stupid does"

First off as I said before, the rear seats on the MC X25 are not "Surf Seats" They are not marketed as such and you will never see MC advertise the seats as such. They are designed as cove sitting, raft up chill seats. If you watch any of the marketing videos/material this is only what you will see.

There is no amount of warning or regulation that will stop people from doing stupid things. This style of seating from what I have seen was started by the jet boat folks and certainly copied by MC on the X25. If you would like to see more regulation etc. to stop people from doing stupid stuff, why don't we add seat belts on boats, how about engine cut off sensors to detect weight capacity in the bow and if the seats are flipped up. Why not make them so fool proof none of us can afford them or really enjoy them.

Yes, the boat manufacture is responsible for making a boat safe when used as intended, however it is impossible to insure against stupidity. IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!

As the captain of my boat, each and every time I go out, I own the soul responsibility to make sure the boat is operating and operated in a safe manor, my crew and passengers act accordingly understanding boating rules and I have all of the proper safety equipment on-board. Should anything happen, I am liable.

Last year I was pulled over by water patrol because my son was standing in the boat while under-way, we passed them head on, they spun around and came up behind me. As soon as we passed, I knew they were going to pull us over, I immediately pulled off plain and waited for them. When they pulled up, the officer asked me "Do You know why I pulled you over?" My response, Yup because he (pointing at my son) was standing while under-way. They checked all of my safety gear and registration, which I had readily available. Myself and crew acted with respect etc. and we received the same in return. One officer asked me how long I have been a boater in which I replied "All my life" his response, "It Shows" They politely left us with a "Have a nice day and be safe"
Glad you're responsible and that the 'surf seats' as people seem to call them aren't marketed as such. Unfortunately, Americans are sue crazy and if you are unfamiliar with the MC X45 lawsuit, that's what my comment was generally aimed at - stupid is as stupid does isn't a legal argument many win, unfortunately, due to our ever liberal legal system protecting the f&*ktards that run rampant in the world... end rant.

Nice boat, lets see more pictures!
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-29-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
Delta - Very familiar with the X45 law suit, I have seen the actual defense photos, still shocked a jury found MC liable after seeing these photo's.

But a wake boat is a very different animal, low free-board, very powerful, certainly not for the average weekend boater IMO.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2013, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
IMO we are way over regulated as it is in this country and way over litigation happy because of stupid is what stupid does!"
couldn't agree more!
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       04-30-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
OK, sneak peek. Dealer prep tomorrow and will get an entire series to post.

Boom... Waaaaa.... Ain't she perty, lol
Attached Images

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-30-2013, 7:43 PM Reply   
We sit on the back while surfing all the time at our lake in Texas. Never had a problem with getting pulled over. I have heard of other lakes that do though
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-30-2013, 9:16 PM Reply   
I didn't realize the rear facing seats were a new concept. I think I remember the Sessions (made by Regal, I believe) had similar rear facing seats. I'm thinking those were built around 04 or so, but I could be wrong.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 5:34 PM Reply   
Thats sweet can't wait to see it without the white tape and with the tower up.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       05-01-2013, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
Thats sweet can't wait to see it without the white tape and with the tower up.
Your wish is my command.

Here is the final, I will get some more hopefully this weekend. Crazy at work right now, no time to get a combo pic with the T-reg. As long as the weather holds, we will Christen her Saturday.

Got to run it at the dealer with the flush kit, love it, hook the hose up to the rear of the boat and done. The 6.2 sounds awesome!

Also, the Ilmors have drain hose valves for the engine block, no more removing plugs
Attached Images

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-02-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
That's a badass boat!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Again Matt, I cant get over how nice that boat is! Love it!

I'm planning to add the flush kit to mine this summer, seems like a no brainer. I would love to get some of those drain valves for the block, removing the plugs is a pain. I'll talk to Bill. Hope the weather holds out for you Saturday!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-02-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat! You'll love that windshield. It's so easy to reach out and grab the dock or other boats when pulling up next to something or someone.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-02-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
beauty
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-02-2013, 9:00 PM Reply   
Beautiful! I love that tower how easily it collapses down, I hear you can tow it in the down position. That will be soooo nice not to have bugs all over your tower! Congratulations....the X-25 is one of my all time favorite boats. Enjoy your summer....