Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-28-2013, 7:12 PM Reply   
Hello World,

I'm looking to replace my 2012 Tige R20, simply because there is no dealer around me that can service it and do warranty work on it. Other than that, I absolutely love the boat.

The hull is very deep, and takes very little to slam it. The stock surf ballast is all I need to go surfing, as a 250lbs guy, with no rope.

Now, what I have close to me dealer wise, is Nautique, Mastercraft, Axis & Malibu, do any of these have any boat that can generate enough push for a 250lbs guy ?
Old     (jeepdude)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-28-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
have neighbors with a vtx presurf-gate and an x2.

I actually like the x2's wave a bit more, but I have heard that the new surf-gate VTX is killer and most my friends prefer the Bu.

Interms of slamming them, I know they don't take much.
the key with my friends X2 is to put more weight kind of in the mid section of the side of the boat than you think.

Personally though, if you could also do a 21, I would really look at a 210 with NSS, my parents neighbors say it surfs unbelievable with just the fly high wedge looking sac.
I am not sure as i have only surfed the 200.

Also, I am much lighter than you, but i think you would be impressed with the MC and the BU if they're weighted right. however, in my eyes, you are sort of coming from the 20 foot flagship, so it will be hard to beat, especially if you have yours dialed in.

Last edited by jeepdude; 04-28-2013 at 7:47 PM.
Old     (pkh80)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-28-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
I would look at Malibu or Nautique, the Surf Gate and NSS (respectively) are truly game changing.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-28-2013, 10:15 PM Reply   
X10.

Case closed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2013, 12:13 AM Reply   
Wait. Did you move? There's a dealer in Orlando... It has a PCM motor so a Nautique dealer will be able to service it.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-29-2013, 4:11 AM Reply   
Enzo 211! One button Surfing! Deepest Hull out there!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-29-2013, 5:25 AM Reply   
Mxz20
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-29-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
Parker Boats in Orlando is a Tige dealer.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-29-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Parker Boats is no longer Parker Boats, it is now Marine Max and they no longer have Tige' , Gary Maloon's Southeast Mastercraft is no longer Mastercraft and they now have Tige
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-29-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
transition watersports is a centurion dealer in ocklawaha fl, not sure how far that is guessing 1 hour or so
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       04-29-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
Just out of curiosity since I have never bought new, what types of service or work is even needed on a new boat? I would think oil changes and maybe a few little things that could be done yourself if the boat was worth it. But like I said, I don't really know maybe someone can enlighten me. Lol
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-29-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Word on the street is Orlando Mastercraft on orange ave is now selling tige. When I drove past this morning there was a new Z3 in the lot. I would assume they could now do your service.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
Centurion Cyclone C4 or Elite V C4 are two other contenders.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
Centurion Cyclone C4 or Elite V C4 are two other contenders. I haven't seen a 2013 X10 yet since the redesign, but word in the MC marketing world is the x10 is a surf machine
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Just about any inboard dealer can service your boat. As for warranty, the R20 doesn't have the 3/36 maintenance and the warranty is 1 year parts/labor and 2 more years parts only. Engine warranty is thru PCM so thats alot of dealers. So chances are your warranty is either up or about up. One of the reasons we chose a RZR over the R20 for a little more is the difference in warranty. I was told they will drop ship the parts to you the second 2 years. So again any inboard dealer should be able to handle the rest(labor at your cost anyway). Your going to take a beating on disposition of a one year old boat and all boats you mentioned are substantially more money(20K plus over an R20). If you like the boat I don't understand why you would do that? Any wake boat dealer can service your R20, if they can't I wouldn't trust their service department to buy a new boat from them.

Ryan in my experience once you get past the new "bugs", just routine maintenance on new boats.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
The closer nautique dealer should be able to handle you PCM warranty on the R20's engine.
Old    rullery            04-29-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
yeah I don't completely understand your situation either. As per boardman's post, you shouldn't really need a whole lot of warranty work. And soon you won't have a warranty. If you are super happy with your boat I don't understand why you are looking for a new one as anyone should be able to service the PCM. Also, isn't Orlando like the wake boat capital of the US? there HAS to be someone in the area that services Tige, right? I mean didn't you anticipate the situation before you bought?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-29-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
My tige dealer is 3 hours but the nautique dealer 30 min away is my best friend when it comes to maintenance. I run up there and grab fuel filters and oil filters a few times a season. Our boat has been in very very reliable and if it had a problem my dealer would likely come get it if its on the tige side but the nautique dealer could handle the PCM in a pinch or emergency. You're not gonna get close to that surf wave on a 20 footer.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-29-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
While other dealers CAN handle work and CAN handle warranty lets be honest here..........your boat will not be a priority. It will be the last one in line period. Why would any dealer bump an outside customers boat to the front to get work done? I feel your pain I went through it as a Centurion owner then rep for a couple years. With no dealer network it makes it super tough to right some wrongs or get you any other compensation. Will the work eventually get done ..,.,.. Without a doubt. However you won't be a priority at any other outside dealer.

With that said. Is it worth the gig you may take on dumping that brand new R20. Well that's up to you to decide.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-30-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
One of the main reasons is that Tige service is terrible, when having to depend on them for a timeframe.
It doesn't matter what dealer, they just simply take forever.
They only have about 2 people working customer support calls, and they NEVER returned my calls.

I believe whiteflashwatersports1, you bought the other Tige rzr from parker boats, and have the problem with the motor cover vinyl, I had a problem with the bow cushion. Both of our boats are taking forever to get fixed, did you ever get yours fixed ? (im not sure if you are the guy with the other problem)

I have waited since August to get my bow vinyl repaired, and it is STILL not repaired. Parker boats is awesome, but Tige service sucks, and now they also killed Parker Boats as a dealer.

I still have many some small things that need to get fixed by tige, and I dont want my boat to be held hostage at the dealer no more.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-30-2013, 9:20 AM Reply   
Tige factory service is terrible - I have been waiting on engine hatch vinyl repair since october. They sent a new hatch finally last month and it arrived with a hugh tear - we just have a scratch that is more cosmetic than anything but would like to be fixed. I agree with others that just going to pcm dealer sucks they will put you at back of the line. Dealers always service customer boats first and with a little more attention to detail.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2013, 4:36 PM Reply   
my buddy traded in his master craft just because he could not get service and every dealer he took it to told him it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they would even look at it. he ended up getting a bu just for the service option. i am not saying trade it in, but you need to really find a dealer that is slow, sells a small amount of boats and needs the work. I have moved south this year and too, do not have a dealer withing 3 hours of me, but there are so many dealers that i dont feel i will have a problem with service. good luck
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-01-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Guys that sounds like a dealer issue and not a Tige one. When I bought my boat it had a cut in the port seat from a demo. I had a new factory cover in right around a month. I can also tell you if their dealer rights got pulled there is a reason. Probably part of the reason your having an issue with service work thru them. I'm not trying to sway you one way or another just saying it's not a Tige issue as the dealer I use doesn't have any of those issues you are describing. If it was Tige, as in the factory, all dealers would be having issues.

If your boat is being held hostage, again that is the dealer....not Tige. Florida dealers are swamped and slow, atleast in Jacksonville.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-02-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
It was not a dealer issue with my engine hatch cover. Tige had to build a whole new engine hatch to match the vinyl. That is what took so long. Parker boats rights did not get pulled they sold the dealership - a private mainly SeaRay, Boston Whaler dealer to Marinemax who does not sell tige.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-02-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
I had the exact same thing except it was a skin for a seat bottom. My dealer had a new one in right around a month. Also had a filler cushion made for the walk thru and it was the same kind of time frame. If you have been waiting that long thats more than Tige. I bought my boat in November and the dealer had both pieces of custom factory made vinyl from Tige before the first of the year. I wonder if it had something to do with the dealership selling etc. I was told upfront the vinyl was custom made and would take a while. But it sure wasn't 7 months. I'm sorry you guys have gone through that. Just reenforces what so many on here say, good dealer makes all the difference.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-02-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
It was not a dealer issue with my engine hatch cover. Tige had to build a whole new engine hatch to match the vinyl. That is what took so long. Parker boats rights did not get pulled they sold the dealership - a private mainly SeaRay, Boston Whaler dealer to Marinemax who does not sell tige.
So your dealer got lazy because they were selling themselves off?

They've been great to us but our dealer is great. Sub 1 month wait time on the minor issues we've had.