Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Luv2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
Has anyone had any experience with these speakers? They look pretty sweet and have heard they are incredible. Just wanted to see if any one else has used or knows anything about them. Thanks
Old     (Luv2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Bump
Old     (Luv2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-26-2013, 9:40 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-26-2013, 10:13 PM Reply   
i looked on youtube and online and couldn't come up with anything. they seem to be the speaker on the new g series nautiques so maybe the planet nautique forums have some insight. I'd think if they were incredible at least one person would want to post a youtube video or brag about them though. All the other hlcd companies have quite a few videos and many were posted right after their release. They look nice though
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-27-2013, 4:47 AM Reply   
I think you may be referring to the Roswell Airborne 7.0 speakers. To be honest, they are decent but if you are buying them you might as well go with a pair of REV10s or 8s since that will actually be cheaper. The WetSounds are also better than these. There's a reason most Nautique owners replace these speakers with WetSounds (myself included).
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-27-2013, 5:10 AM Reply   
On the Roswell site, they list a Aquatone 6.5 Pro HLCD and 7.0 Airborne HLCD. Under the description, they both are listed as using a 6.5" HLCD. The difference looks to be that one uses a round horn flare and the other is a rectangle flare. The 7.0 lists having a 35mm compression tweeter with titanium membrane, where as the 6.5 lists no specs on the HLCD tweeter.

Given that both look to be a 6.5" HLCD, some things will be a given. Both will lack mid-bass to balance out the aggressive horns. If the 7.0 has a larger horn, it will be be even more harsh. With the right power, they will be loud for the rider at the end of an 80ft tow rope. Near-field, these will be not so pleasant as compared to a coaxial or larger HLCD.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-27-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
My last Nautique had the Roswell 7.0 horn tower speakers. They sucked to be honest. Go with WetSounds.