Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
I am doing my stereo and have some questions right now and am wondering if anybody is running what i have and how they are powering it? So I have 4 fosgate punch 6.5" 60 watt rms I don't have a amp yet for those so need advice but my thing is I am probably going to upgrade those to Polk um's in the next year so I'm trying to get a amp I can use for both setups. Secondly I am probably going to get a w3 10" jl sub at 400-750rms and which amp will be a good fit? And is anyone running this I have room for a 1.75 cu. sealed box. Also I have a amp but not sure if I can run my fosgates off it. It is a kicker zx450.2 2 channel and rms is 250 watts to 2 channels can I split that which would be almost perfect but the fosgates are 4 ohm so I'm not sure if it makes a difference( Iam not a stereo guy at all lol) ?and lastly I am thinking of splurging on rev 10's but never heard them while riding so is what I want to know is can you hear the music crystal clear or is muffled? And what amp is a good fit? Now I know I'm getting good equipment but at the same time I wanna use my money smartly so bang for the buck as far as amps go. Thanks in advance!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2013, 11:28 AM Reply   
Both the Polk MM651 and MM651UM are 100 watt RMS speakers. Both are marine rated, the UM being a 4Ω speaker and the standard MM being a 2.7Ω. I chose the standard MM because I'm only running a single channel per speaker so I'm able to get a bit more out of my amp with the 2.7Ω speaker.

Amp wise, I'd go with either the Polk amps or the PPI version (PPI being cheaper).

For the towers (bridged into 2-channel), $190 currently out of stock but it goes in/out of stock weekly because they are so popular:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PI-P900.4.html

In-boats, if running the UM's I'd do a 2-channel at $140:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PI-P600.2.html

For the sub, this will work well @ $190:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...I-P1000.1.html

Three amps for $520 shipped. All make more power than the speakers you listed are rated for. Clean sound, great performing amps. Nothing out there has a better bang for the buck.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 11:32 AM Reply   
Nitrous you run rev 10's? Can you hear them clear while riding?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
I wish you guys would quit posting crap from Sonic Electronix! They're a bunch of crooks. They sell products that they ARE NOT authorized to sell. That means if you buy something from them - a JL Audio amp, for example, and it comes in dead, you're out for 6 weeks at least until they reserialize it, and repair it, then send it back to you. That's just one of the many scenario's I've heard about from them. Horrible customer service from every aspect.

Just google them and look at reviews. LOTS of negative stuff out there. Here's one from example: http://www.ripoffreport.com/miscella...acto-58537.htm
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
I wish you guys would quit posting crap from Sonic Electronix! They're a bunch of crooks. They sell products that they ARE NOT authorized to sell. That means if you buy something from them - a JL Audio amp, for example, and it comes in dead, you're out for 6 weeks at least until they reserialize it, and repair it, then send it back to you. That's just one of the many scenario's I've heard about from them. Horrible customer service from every aspect.

Just google them and look at reviews. LOTS of negative stuff out there. Here's one from example: http://www.ripoffreport.com/miscella...acto-58537.htm
They may not be authorized to sell "some" stuff.

I'd rather pay 1/2 price and wait a couple extra weeks for repair if needed. So would most other consumers.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-21-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
It's not a "couple" weeks. I personally know someone that had to wait 6 weeks for an amp - that he bought new - and showed up dead. That company didn't handle it well at all.

Everybody is so critical about top notch service, but still buy from this POS company.... I don't get it.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-21-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Just added a 12w3 in a 1.75 ported box, and pair of rev 10s they are both powered by jl 700/5 and they rock!! Was not wanting to spend money on revs but after hearing them I would get them again in a second. Didn't get a chance to ride behind boat yet but stood on pier while boat drove away and not only are they loud but couldn't believe how good they sound and it was well beyond wakeboard length.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
That twelve sound good to music or just raw bass? I was reading about them and supposedly they can hit all the complex bears no problem which is what I want. I don't really wanna get the revs yet but kinda have to now lol. Thinking about going with the 8's cuz I just wanna hear it good not trying to get into a stereo off with anybody.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-21-2013, 6:32 PM Reply   
I could not be happier with sub and with amp I have it's at about 300rms whic is supposedly its sweet spot. I was all about the rev 8s as well mostly worried about the size but if I had to do again I would get 10s. I never heard the 8s so cant comment on those though. I also added the Wetsounds 420sq equalizer and absolutely love it so far being able to dial everything in. Just finished install this past weekend and was playing with eq a lot. It's nice because you can control volume levels of tower, in boats, and sub all separately.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-21-2013, 8:00 PM Reply   
While I appreciate the heads up on sonic .........some people are not looking to buy super high end stuff from them and are looking for a deal. While I own a good chunk of Wetsounds gear. I have still used them for other gear and have numerous acquaintances That do as well. Over all of our orders over the years none of us have ever received a product that wasn't in full working order . We also knew their limitations and warranties. Sometimes the price is worth the risk and sometimes it ain't . It's America and we can all make our choices.

Some people just want good deals on decent stuff and are willing to take a risk. If I was buying a high line JL other amp I sure wouldn't be heading there, but for most of my other products n use sonic fits the bill perfectly.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-21-2013, 8:06 PM Reply   
I don't even remember anyone asking anyone's opinion on a certain co. I wanted advice from people who have more knowledge and on what I'm about to do not on bashing a company. But what ever is what I really wanna know is at 75' how do the rev series sound cuz they are expensive
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-21-2013, 10:41 PM Reply   
I bought a jl hd600.4 from sonic that I have bridged to power 2 rev 10's with and it rails like nothing i've ever heard before. I also have two 12" w3 and feeding 500watts rms to each with a jx1000.1. In my application a single sealed jl 12w3 with 500watts wasn't enough for me- Once i had all the highs hooked up an playing it felt like the single sub wasn't keeping up. I bought most of my system from a local shop but when i showed him an amp I liked from sonic he actually told me to try it out and liked it better than his amp. Yes lots of people have bad things to say about them but probably just as many haven't had a problem. I've had nothing but good luck so far, but haven't written a review about my satisfaction, however if they pissed me off i'd be more inclined to write a bad one. I think that probably goes for many people. If you're happy you enjoy what you have and it doesn't require any extra energy, however if i had a bad amp and had to write an email to send it back i'd probably spend the 5 min to write a negative review while i was at it. I wouldn't get the rev 8's the size difference and price is pretty minimal and I love my 10's. Amazing sound quality and volume is unreal. I just did a test this weekend on the lake and they're crystal clear and audible while driving at 100 yards. 80ft is LOUD.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
Mmmmmmm! Can't wait! So the MiDs and highs over powerEd one sub huh. I don't have room for another so maybe a different sub combo? I thought the jl was one of the best? But I'm restricted to 1.7 cubic '.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-22-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
I can say I am extremely happy with how my 1 12w3 sounds with 300 watts rms to it. If I turn the gain up on the sub I can get it slams really good. Have I heard louder? Yes my buddy has a 12W6 that is louder but with the setup I have the Revs mix really well with sub and inboats which are just normal Polk DB651's.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-22-2013, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
I don't even remember anyone asking anyone's opinion on a certain co.
I was trying to give a heads up on a piece of ***** company that someone else mentioned IN THIS THREAD. If you want to get screwed out of your hard earned money, have at it.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
detox what kind and how big was your box on the single?i was talking to my syereo guy today and am thinking of springing for 12w6 powered with a jl 750/1. im a real good finish ncarpenter and although i never built a box im very confident i can build a badass box,im thinking ill end up with close to 2.5'cubic ft. made of 3/4'ply and resin sealed ,glued and stapled with crown staples and gorilla glue.hoping this will not be over powered by rev10's pushed by a jl 600/4.any thoughts?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-22-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
actually looks like the xd600/1 might be better bang for my buck for the sub