Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-17-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Great event yesterday even with the howling wind. I had to leave before they announced the winners. How did everyone do.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-17-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
Outlaw was Brandon George - Trevor Mauer - Justin Payton - 1-2-3. Great job by those guys standing up their passes in those conditions! It was also great to see Nick Parks, one of Chris's oldest riding buddies and competitor from the Bel aqua days, show up and place 2nd in the expert class!

BG didn't believe me when I gave him the thumbs up / number one sign after his pass (one of the first ones). He really powered thru the slop with a solid pass that I knew would be hard to match.

BTW you still owe me a beer! (with interest I think it just became 2!)
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-17-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
will there be any pics of the event?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Rich, did Chris ride?
Old    mendo247            06-17-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
YEAH BG!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!

Congrats dude...
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
YA BG!! and awesome job to Trevor as well! both of those guys absolutely killed it! (so did almost all of the outlaw guys). Unfortunately the only thing I killed was myself falling off the jetski on the way back to the dock... Good times, can't wait to see you all out there again soon!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-17-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Way to go MG!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2007, 9:39 PM Reply   
you did not say anything about flipping the jet ski over before you got thrown off
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
lol!! I know I know, alright, I admit- It went in this order: worst run of my life, flip over jet-ski (knocking Scott(I think) into the water), then finally making it onto the jet-ski just to get bounced off at like 30 mph while riding it backwards...my board also nailed me in the head when that happened. Oh well, after a run like that it was deserved. Still had a good time anyway!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-18-2007, 4:30 AM Reply   
At least Chris didn't fall off the jet ski, that's about the only good thing I can say about his day in general!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
Great event. Congrats to BG. Brandon said he would show the light-weights how to ride in the choppy water, and he did!

Congrats to Justin Payton for making 3rd after we bumped his ace up to Outlaw. Props for landing the Whirly.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
We will have results up in a day or two on the web site and will post it up here also. Here is a pic of the winning three in Outlaw. Great show in some very tough conditions. The talent is getting better each event and with more new faces showing up at each event the competition is getting tight. I think it was only a couple hundered points seperating the top 3 outlaws.
Thanks again to everyone who showed up and big props to all the riders who set out and showed their stuff in horrible Delta conditions.

The top 3 Outlaws:

Upload

Brandon and Trevor:
Upload

The water was challenging:
Upload

(Photos compliments of the Maur's)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
CIE is everywhere on that podium... Congrats guys. Nice riding. That was some serious wind to deal with.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thanks Guys!! Great event DRA!! Everyone has been talking about wind and chop. I didn't feel anything! The one time being the fat guy on the dock helped me out!! It was nasty out there. The wake would change every time you hit it. I just got lucky! Thanks to every one who makes the DRA's happen!! Much love!!

Thanks Rich, When you told me that, Chris, Brodie, Matt, Trevor, and Travis still had to ride. They all can throw down a way better run than I did. The dock was still stacked!!!! 2 beers I think its up to a 6 pack now!!!! What do ya drink? I bring it to the next event!! See ya soon BG
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Actually, it was only a few hundred points that seperated the top five riders!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Congrats Justin Payton, 3rd place riging with the big boys.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Seriously.... That kid's a sandbagger. LOL!!! He's got some skills and he's progressing fast. It's fun to see an up and coming ripper be successful.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-18-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Congrats BG, Trevor and Justin!

Sorry I missed this one, but I will be out helping on the next.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
BG

Congrats...

I really admired those pictures of you that Walt took up at Pilsbury. More then once I walked right by you at the event as your dog tried to take out my Pitbull. I never put it together until now who you were. I admire your riding, keep up the good work.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-18-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
BG,
It's not "fat" guy - It's "big" guy!!! And you weren't lucky. Your hard work is paying off. It was a great ride and throughing the big worm at the end, when you haven't even landed it yet, was stout. You were really close and yea the conditions were rough. Proud of ya man. Enjoy the win.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
Airagain, Thank you very much for the nice words! Next time you see come one up and say hey! I am at just about every local event!(and all the DRA's) so I hope to meet you at the next one! Sorry about C-dub, He's a tuff dog(at least that what he thinks)

Dave, It was good to see you guys again! Every time I watch Trevor ride my jaw drops! Out of everyone I have see at all the comps in the last few years he has by far progressed the fastest! Every time I watch he ride he has atleast 2 new tricks. The first time I watch him ride I said "That Trevor kid rides good, If he gets a few more tricks he will be tuff to beat!" will he did, and kicked my butt at the next comp, and we have been battle ever since! We have been talking about it for a few years, but this year you guys NEED to get up to the HB! I would really like to have your family up for a weekend!! Thank you very much for the words! Its riders like Trevor that keep me working on new stuff! (I can't have that damn kid beat me all the time!) Talk to ya soon BG
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-18-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
I forgot about BG's big worm! There was some serious inertia at work there as he was rotating at about mach 3 on that one!

His dog was dropping some big worms on the UP deck as well.Upload