Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-07-2014, 1:45 PM Reply   
I am looking to tow my G23 up to South Carolina for a week over the summer from Tampa, Florida. Does anyone know that if renting a trailer is even possible and where we could get one in Florida? Thanks
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-07-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
I'd check with the dealer. Thats gonna be your best and probably only option. Your talking about a very unique, basically one of a kind trailer for that boat.
Old     (jrz1)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-07-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
Too bad you're not going in opposite direction. I've got a trailer for my G25 in NC.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-07-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
Ever think about renting a boat? Bringing a boat on vacation can be a pain in the ass - especially since you will have to rent a trailer. Are you staying on a lake?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-08-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Ever think about renting a boat? Bringing a boat on vacation can be a pain in the ass - especially since you will have to rent a trailer. Are you staying on a lake?
Yes. But I never get to ride on a calm Lake so bringing it would be so much nicer.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-08-2014, 9:54 PM Reply   
Depends on where you go, but renting an inboard can be spendy, if they have them at all. Most places rent out something along the lines of an old SN2000 if they do have an inboard as an option. Forget getting one with a decent ballast system and they will probably frown on you loading it up with sacks. Not to mention you have to tune in the wake on a whole new boat.

I looked into renting a boat on a trip to Shasta last year. Only 3 places rent inboards, and the prices are kinda spendy for what you're getting. Towing definitely looks like an attractive option compared to this
http://lakeshasta.com/toybox.html $350/day or $1825/week for a Ski Nautique with tower
http://houseboats.com/vessels/malibu-wakesetter/ $550/day or $2,750/week for a Direct Drive Wakesetter
http://houseboats.com/vessels/centurion-wakeboard/ $750/day or $3,750/week for a Avalance or Air Warrior with Ballast and Perfect Pass

Obviously prices and options vary on your location, so there may be better options where you're heading, but at those prices, towing looks more attractive. You could even buy a trailer for the cost of a weeks rental. Check this thread on planet nautique. A guy on there is selling his for a SANTE 210, it might fit your G23. It's in NC. Might be worth seeing if he still has it.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...iler-2-900-OBO
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-09-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
Yes. But I never get to ride on a calm Lake so bringing it would be so much nicer.
How about rent a party boat to be on the water and pay someone like Adam Fields and take some lessons. Dialed boat, smooth water, professional instruction.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-11-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
Living in Florida and having problems finding good water. You need a trailer just to travel a bit to the local butter.