Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
so basically i have a pretty nice system n my boat I have a 12 inch hertz/audison mille edition sub. 2 arc audio se amps a 2300 for my sub and 4200 for my interior and tower and a WS420 equilizer. and last week my sub stopped working as i was about to throw a double up. so after checking all the wiring to make sure nothing came loose i was kinda confused on what happened . I took my speaker wires out of the box and my power protection light stayed on on my arc amp and sent it in got a new amp back put it in ... not a peep from my sub.. I have checked everything rcas r good everything is plugged in good... i dont know what to do can this have anything to do with my wetsound 420 that is the only thing that i can think of... i am dying with out my bass please help me peopleUpload
Upload
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
just bypass the ws-420 and see if that is ur problem then.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-22-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
get a battery (AA/9 volt,ect) touch the speaker leads of the sub to +, - of the battery, if the speaker does not move your sub is blown.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-22-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
witht those amps and that eq you could have easily overdriven your sub and melted it. try pressing on your cone....i bet it's stiff as a 2x4.
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2008, 3:34 PM Reply   
the sub isnt stiff thats what has me dumb founded it feels perfect...

brandon that was my next move thanks

sam i will try that. thats a pretty nice trick with the battery ive never thought about

any other sugestions are appreciated I just have no clue and im not around my boat to mess with it right now
Old     (sigmodes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Try to hooking your sub to your other amp using a jumper wire to see if you get anything.

Use a meter to measure the ohm loud at the end of the speaker lead by your amp. Make sure you disconnect from your amp.

Hook a test speaker of any kind to the output of your sub amp.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-24-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
i have no idea i already tried helping out out there houser haha