Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-18-2004, 9:23 PM Reply   
this boat has been a project of mine for the last year and without the help of this site it would not be. it is 95 maristar 200vrs. me and three buddies built the tower and i designed ballast. it has 1500lbs of semiauto ballast. i think it looks like the hottest 1995 around

pic
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
wow thats a awesome home built tower by far the best I have ever seen. good job is an inboard boat or a I/o?
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-18-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
Allan Congrats !!! You did a really good job on your boat, personnaly i think you could do better that i can !!! Nice tower !!
Old    slalomskifreak            08-19-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
Nice boat. I have seen one like it on our lake only with the early style windshield (89?). I figured it was a Maristar of some-sort, but didn't think they made one that titled at 19'. What does yours title at (19 or 20)? I have read some really good reviews about your boat. How is the wake?
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Allan - I own a 225 VRS and am planning to install an auto (or as close to auto as possible) ballast system this winter
Post how you rigged your system.
Nice Ride, by the way.

-Mike
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-19-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
mike, used my middle drain for the water intake. i used a 3/4 threaded pipe into drain hole and into a 1" adapter into 1" elbow then shut off valve andthen a 1100gph rule pump. then 1" hose run under the floor to manifold (like underground sprinkler manifold)the manifold has 3 ball valves under my driver side rear seat. i then ran lines two the two v-drive sacs350 in rear and then ran line to nose 550 lounge(fills bow and makes like playpen. i then ran return lines into a simer self priming pump and out a new outlet out side of hull. it takes about 20 min to fill and about 30 to drain but can all be done on the fly. when i ran everything. i lifted the floor section over gas tank. i also removed my pylon which is in middle of floor and used the hole to run lines to the lounge in open bow
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
That sounds like what I was thinking, however, did you consider placing twins under the front seats? I am not sure how well they would fit but the g-unit does not want a playpen. Although, I could care less.
I plan on starting in October and will look for you if I have any questions.
Thanks,
Mike